John A.: Geno knows win over Baylor will pay dividends | The Boneyard

John A.: Geno knows win over Baylor will pay dividends

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"We know a few things about our team already," Auriemma said. "We've won at Penn State, Maryland and Duke. I know we are capable of winning big games against good teams on the road. But you just need to keep doing it if you want to be considered [a great] team. Every time there is a challenge, you need to accept it. I go looking for these kind of challenges. I love these games. And we thrive in this type of environment."

LINK

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I thought this was good for UCONN and WCBB. The last thing that we needed was another 25 point blow out on national television. And I was proud of the way our fans turned out for the game and supported Baylor. I really didn't know what to expect for the first big game in the post-Griner era. I hope this this game continues every year as it is proving to be a lot of fun for both universities.

Reaction Score
I thought this was good for UCONN and WCBB. The last thing that we needed was another 25 point blow out on national television. And I was proud of the way our fans turned out for the game and supported Baylor. I really didn't know what to expect for the first big game in the post-Griner era. I hope this this game continues every year as it is proving to be a lot of fun for both universities.
I thought the crowd was the best crowd I've seen of any place all year. Normally Duke's place gets pretty loud, but usually they're taken out of the game pretty quickly. Haven't seen a crowd like that at a UConn home game in a while, perhaps years. The game played at UConn's new third home court in Bridgeport had roughly the same sized crowd as Waco and was not nearly as crazy. It doesn't help attendance that every game is televised, so many people choose not to trudge out into the cold and snow to fight traffic to see something that they could easily just watch on TV from the comfort of their warm couch. Plus I'm not sure how many students can easily get out to Hartford where half the home games are played, and as Kelly Faris said last year, "it's a bit of a different crowd" compared to games played on campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom