John A.: Frese quote about Uconn | The Boneyard

John A.: Frese quote about Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Compared to her injury-depleted roster, I can see why she'd say that. Apparently MD will have 8 players for Monday's game.

Brenda has had a hard time keeping players at Maryland. I guess she needs more than a locker with a TV.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She may have a point there. Certainly it's right up there with any team since the UCONN squad of 2000 or thereabouts.
2000-2001 team. 5 Olympians, 5 AA's (5 Hall of Honor), 2 NPOYs, 2 Lieberman PG winners, 9 WNBA players, 10 WBCA HS AA's, 3 HS NPOYs. The 2012-2013 version has got a lot to live up to, but they have a pretty good chance of being that deep. :)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Watching this team during the Paradise Jam allowed me to dig out the great story from "Same River Twice" (covering the 2000-01 team).

Team is away, stomping all over some poor, unsuspecting team. Fans behind the UConn bench are hassling Geno. "Put in your bench! Put in your bench!"

Finally, Geno turns around and says, "This IS my bench."

There's a pause. Then Geno hears, "Put in your starters! Put in your starters!"

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
For several years, TJI, I used to re-read "Same River Twice" each autumn. I'm pretty sure that was @ Holy Cross. A couple a' years later, while at Holy Cross, I believe there was an incident where some male fans held up a sign behind Geno - if I recall correctly, Geno took it in good humor.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
After the Nebraska game during her interview when asked what she expected about the UCONN game she said something to the affect : i dont know they are 10-11 deep and strong at every position!

I really feel bad that this Maryland team is sustaining so many injuries to their back court!

Reaction Score
Watching this team during the Paradise Jam allowed me to dig out the great story from "Same River Twice" (covering the 2000-01 team).

Team is away, stomping all over some poor, unsuspecting team. Fans behind the UConn bench are hassling Geno. "Put in your bench! Put in your bench!"

Finally, Geno turns around and says, "This IS my bench."

There's a pause. Then Geno hears, "Put in your starters! Put in your starters!"

Love it!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members