John A.: Chiney talks about the upcoming game | The Boneyard

John A.: Chiney talks about the upcoming game

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"Basketball is a game of respect. If Wilson or Spalding created college hoops commandments, the top ones would be: respect your school, respect your coaches, respect your teammates, and most importantly, when the ball is tossed up, respect your opponents because if you don't, you will feel their wrath. Every program respects what UCONN and Coach Geno has done for the game of basketball. Everybody respects the amount of talent, combined with precision they display every time they walk onto the floor. But one thing I have also realized is that while the crown is glittering gold, it is also heavy. Oftentimes in such situations, the world expects perfection. No slip ups. No losses, especially when you have this or that player. To achieve what they have over and over again, is remarkable and special. Therefore, the best way for an opponent to gain/demand respect is by dethroning such royalty. I call that Mission Impossible.

LINK

Reaction Score
Wow!! Chiney is not only a great basketball player but also a great writer and philosopher, oh yeah she speaks quite well and has a terrific smile and personality. Put me down as a fan.

Reaction Score
Very impressive young lady. My lasting impression of that game her freshman year,was her hugging Geno after the game. Quite a sight.

HGN

Reaction Score
The crown of royalty is indeed heavy.....One must be strong and learn to wear it proudly . The UCONN Huskies have mastered the feat.

This will be a tough game. Stanford has a lot of size and talent. And they are well coached. It may get down to who plays the better defense. My guess is that will be UConn . I expect the Huskies to win this tough battle. A tough battle because , after all , this is Maples. And the Cardinal always play tough at home.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
pap49cba said:
"Basketball is a game of respect. If Wilson or Spalding created college hoops commandments, the top ones would be: respect your school, respect your coaches, respect your teammates, and most importantly, when the ball is tossed up, respect your opponents because if you don't, you will feel their wrath. Every program respects what UCONN and Coach Geno has done for the game of basketball. Everybody respects the amount of talent, combined with precision they display every time they walk onto the floor. But one thing I have also realized is that while the crown is glittering gold, it is also heavy. Oftentimes in such situations, the world expects perfection. No slip ups. No losses, especially when you have this or that player. To achieve what they have over and over again, is remarkable and special. Therefore, the best way for an opponent to gain/demand respect is by dethroning such royalty. I call that Mission Impossible. LINK

Chiney = joie de vivre in spades

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A class act all the way. Always will be a Chiney fan.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks to John for requesting this - what a very good idea to reach out to such an articulate and worthy former opponent!
And how very beautifully written - maybe there is something in this here higher education! A credit to Stanford and to women's basketball.

Reaction Score
What a moving and articulate piece by an incredible young woman! A framed copy of it should be displayed prominently in every locker room, and especially in every instance where an apparent "David" is about to face off with a proven "Goliath." Looking at this upcoming matchup, it's hard for me to see Stanford amassing sufficient points down low to keep it close, so unless they're lights out from beyond the arc, I think most of the Boneyarder's predictions are right. But I'd love to see a barnburner that goes right to the finish line.

Reaction Score
What she says is why I like and have more respect for Stamford & Tara vs. nd & Muffett.

Reaction Score
Great stuff...........UCONN'S Defense thediffrence i every game this season and Monday night will be no different UCONN by 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom