Joey D's radio call | The Boneyard

Joey D's radio call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's not great but he's far from the worst. There's some real duds out there.
But I mean even the WORST announcers will have SOME kind of reaction to a crossover pull up 3 at the buzzer to win.

Silence. For a moment I thought he suddenly started suffering a stroke or massive heart attack

Reaction Score
But I mean even the WORST announcers will have SOME kind of reaction to a crossover pull up 3 at the buzzer to win.

Silence. For a moment I thought he suddenly started suffering a stroke or massive heart attack

Totally agree that was pitiful. Nothing from either of them. I remember a few calls by great announcers where they let the crowd tell the tale of the ending on games, this was not the one to do.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

I guess I'm in the minority. I much preferred the opportunity of hearing the Husky crowd go berserk as opposed to an announcer screaming. I was happy there was silence.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
What would you say is more memorable

Step back... Walker... CARDIAC KEMBA

or

*loud crowd noise*
The play said it all for me! The words are just embellishment. Not against tagging or embellishment. They are the seasoning to a fine steak. But the steak is the salient point imo. I felt the seasoning of the crowd anticipating the shot and then reacting was perfectly fine. Besides Cardiac Kemba was based on a season of highlights and the statement was a summation. What could Patrick have said? "Shocking Boatright." "Boat rights the ship?"

Reaction Score
I guess I'm in the minority. I much preferred the opportunity of hearing the Husky crowd go berserk as opposed to an announcer screaming. I was happy there was silence.

I would rather have had some silence during the game rather than the often absurd comments, particularly from Len Elmore.

Reaction Score
The call was perfect. You could hear the ball going through the net after a perfect (for radio anyway) moment of silence.

Well done Joe D.

That call was so good ... it was George Ehrlichian

Reaction Score
The play said it all for me! The words are just embellishment. Not against tagging or embellishment. They are the seasoning to a fine steak. But the steak is the salient point imo. I felt the seasoning of the crowd anticipating the shot and then reacting was perfectly fine. Besides Cardiac Kemba was based on a season of highlights and the statement was a summation. What could Patrick have said? "Shocking Boatright." "Boat rights the ship?"

disagree somewhat. Although the video from the floor of Kemba's winner is probably my favorite of the play. I still go to YouTube and watch the call, it's magical.

guarded by Wanamaker with 10 seconds to go...Coombs-McDaniel on the screen

I can practically rehearse the whole play.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
disagree somewhat. Although the video from the floor of Kemba's winner is probably my favorite of the play. I still go to YouTube and watch the call, it's magical.

guarded by Wanamaker with 10 seconds to go...Coombs-McDaniel on the screen

I can practically rehearse the whole play.
To be clear I loved the call. Same with "We Shocked The World"!!! My point is that I don't need the calls. The play stands on it's own merit. I'd rather the announcer says nothing then feels the need to fill up space and says something silly or douchy.

If it happens it happens. But I'm not down on Len or Patrick for saying nothing at the end. I was happy they talked the game up. It was a drudge match in the first half that had a thrilling second half.

Reaction Score
To be clear I loved the call. Same with "We Shocked The World"!!! My point is that I don't need the calls. The play stands on it's own merit. I'd rather the announcer says nothing then feels the need to fill up space and says something silly or douchy.

If it happens it happens. But I'm not down on Len or Patrick for saying nothing at the end. I was happy they talked the game up. It was a drudge match in the first half that had a thrilling second half.

You must love John Sterling when the Yanks hit home runs huh? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

I respect that. Still ready for some onions with Raft though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom