Joey Chestnut banned from Nathan's hot dog eating contest for signing deal with vegan brand | The Boneyard

Joey Chestnut banned from Nathan's hot dog eating contest for signing deal with vegan brand

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I swear this is not an Onion article. Nathan's has stated his banning will be reversed if he renounces his deal with the vegan brand.

Sounded really stupid the first time I read it, but it actually does make sense.

Nathan's sponsors the yearly event. Chestnut endorsed the competition (assuming anyone actually eats these plant based hotdogs).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah, I mean this no different than Ford not letting someone promote Chevy and then enter a Ford competition.

A bit surreal. Kobiyashi is retiring over concerns competitive eating may not be good for his health.

MSN

Reaction Score
Sounded really stupid the first time I read it, but it actually does make sense.

Nathan's sponsors the yearly event. Chestnut endorsed the competition (assuming anyone actually eats these plant based hotdogs).
I think that was the reason Kobiyashi was banned as well (deal with competing brand). Hopefully Chestnut doesn't stage a parallel eating contest by himself on a rooftop.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think that was the reason Kobiyashi was banned as well (deal with competing brand). Hopefully Chestnut doesn't stage a parallel eating contest by himself on a rooftop.
Did I just see something that they are doing something for Labor Day? I'd look it up but spending too much time thinking about hot dog eating makes me queasy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom