Joey California Leads Nation's Transfers in Performance Expectations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Joey California Leads Nation's Transfers in Performance Expectations

Reaction Score
1671563213653.png

Reaction Score
Lol I get your point, but to me those numbers looked good and I figured (without watching a game) that he was likely the focal point or one of the main focal points of defenses he played against in that conference.

So it wasn’t hard to infer that with more spacing and better players around him, that he would succeed.

Anyway, who cares what I thought, glad he’s exceeding expectations for us

Reaction Score
Lol I get your point, but to me those numbers looked good and I figured (without watching a game) that he was likely the focal point or one of the main focal points of defenses he played against in that conference.

So it wasn’t hard to infer that with more spacing and better players around him, that he would succeed.

Anyway, who cares what I thought, glad he’s exceeding expectations for us

Yeah I just thought it was too good to pass up.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Leave Cobb out of this... Dude actually had some talent. At the start of his senior year he was our best big man. 13/13 against Cuse, 16/7 against Iowa, and 12/10 against Arizona. Then, total suckitude. I'm being only 1/2 sarcastic with this post.

I have a Cobb jersey. any man who destroys Syracuse at MSG has my life long fanhood.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
He's been everything he showed at the Gampel intrasquad scrimmage, and has met the challenge to sustain his value against the elevated P6 competition.

One of the great joys of this season is that nobody has been demanded to do too much, including 'everything instead of anything,' which was an issue in the past 2 years at times.

May it continue...
Bump on that. The guys have space to develop and that does wonders

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let’s just say Joey widened his lead a bit tonight.

Reaction Score
Probably him coming from the West Coast was a big reason. How many Boneyarders had ever seen him play?
He had never shot better than 38% from 3 or 45% from 2 in 4 seasons at San Diego with career averages of 35% and 42%. He's at 52 and 55 so far this year. He also never had an assist rate higher than his turnover rate (and his highest assist rate was 14.3), but this year he's at 17.3% (close to PG level) assist rate and 16.4% turnover rate. He's been unbelieveable, and nothing in his past play would have predicted this, even if you accounted/adjusted for better scheme and more efficient (non-starring) role in the offense.

He was always more than a spot up shooter, but he stepped up in competition and got a lot better at the same time. Doesn't happen that often.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He had never shot better than 38% from 3 or 45% from 2 in 4 seasons at San Diego with career averages of 35% and 42%. He's at 52 and 55 so far this year. He also never had an assist rate higher than his turnover rate (and his highest assist rate was 14.3), but this year he's at 17.3% (close to PG level) assist rate and 16.4% turnover rate. He's been unbelieveable, and nothing in his past play would have predicted this, even if you accounted/adjusted for better scheme and more efficient (non-starring) role in the offense.

He was always more than a spot up shooter, but he stepped up in competition and got a lot better at the same time. Doesn't happen that often.
He has exceeded expectations, but when you are the 4th or 5th option on offense, I imagine that takes some pressure off. He's never played with players like this. Guys like Andre and Newton getting him shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom