JoePa Out | The Boneyard

JoePa Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He'll be coaching Saturday. How creepy is Penn State? Football is their religion and Paterno is their deity, he can do no wrong.

The next time someone asks why UCONN football fans aren't more like Penn State, Alabama, LSU etc.. I have the answer, we are better. Time to take pride in our crowd that shows up as the game is starting and leaves when the game is decided even if there is time left on the clock. Football is not religion here, Thank God.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't attend a game until he was gone if I were a PSU ticket holder

Reaction Score
I wouldn't attend a game until he was gone if I were a PSU ticket holder
Guarantee the opposite happens. Watch the game Saturday and you'll hear a roar and there'll be a standing ovation of support. Absolute snow but I have no doubt that's what'll happen if he's allowed to coach the game.

Reaction Score
Penn State and JoePa could care less about the victims. Yesterday, JoePa led a cheer of We are...Penn State in from of his home. He is a hypocrite, a liar and an enabler for a pedophile. What a sad man. I hope this stains his legacy forever.

Reaction Score
So their punishment is him to retire at the end of the season, which he was already going to do. Great.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Here's Paterno's statement. Notice that he tells the Board of Trustees how it should spend its time.

"I am absolutely devastated by the developments in this case. I grieve for the children and their families, and I pray for their comfort and relief.

I have come to work every day for the last 61 years with one clear goal in mind: To serve the best interests of this university and the young men who have been entrusted to my care. I have the same goal today.

That's why I have decided to announce my retirement effective at the end of this season. At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute discussing my status. They have far more important matters to address. I want to make this as easy for them as I possibly can. This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more.

My goals now are to keep my commitments to my players and staff and finish the season with dignity and determination. And then I will spend the rest of my life doing everything I can to help this University."

Reaction Score
I'm glad he at least is acknowledging that he should've done more. That's a start.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Don't forget that McQueary will still be coaching Saturday.
Mike Golic on the situation, "There's going to be a lot of anger Saturday. He shouldn't be anywhere near that field."
that's from MikeandMike's twitter

Reaction Score
disgusting, ill wait for more facts to come out the administration is just as responsible for this. I wouldnt route for this to happen to any school, this is sad to see all the way around for the victims, alumni, players. I always thought Paterno would coach till death maybe be able to see him die on the field. I am not defending Paterno at all I just dont like how the administration is making him out to be the scapegoat.

Reaction Score
Wow. Retirement at the end of the year (as reported by numerous sources). Just Wow.

Maybe some national backlash will force their hand, it's never too late. But they are looking worse and worse.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Penn State's administration effectively just endorsed everything that has happened by letting Paterno finish the season.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Paterno is dillusional. He is no position to say he will coach until the end of the season. This call was taken out of his hands this week. I know from good authority that he was planning on retiring at the end of this season anyway, so what impact did this mess actually make in his 'decision'. He basically just announced it earlier than he was planning to. How out of touch can he be? All he cares about is his job and reputation. What about the kids whose lives were destroyed?

I am a life-long Penn State supporter and would have attended school there but had to stay in-state because I couldn't afford it. I have always admired the school and Coach Paterno (whom I have met on several occassions) since I was a small child (a big reason Penn State was my 'dream school'). I have already contacted the Board of Trustees as well as Penn State's President by e-mail to let them know that anyone including Paterno and the school president who had knowledge of what Sandusky was doing must go immediately. I also believe additional criminal charges should be filed especially against the President, McQueary (and probably even Paterno - if he was younger for sure but due to his age I think losing his job and reputation is probably enough punishment).

When I see Coach Paterno on TV my first reaction is pity for the old man and the way his great career is ending. Then I just think of the crimes that were committed and the people who covered it up and I am snapped back to reality. The school needs to clean house NOW. Paterno must not coach this week.

It will be a long time before I will be able to wear my Penn State football jersey again. As someone else pointed out, I will not go to another Penn State game or spend any money on anything associated with Penn State until the right thing is done.

Reaction Score
Just as I suspected - he stays until the end of the season. Not surprised at all.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Except he said, 'in hindsight' he should have done more. HINDSIGHT??? A 10 year old boy was raped in the locker room and Paterno needs hindsight to see he could have done more?? Mind blowing callousness.

I'm glad he at least is acknowledging that he should've done more. That's a start.

Reaction Score
Paterno's comments seal it for me that he's so far out of touch he can only be senile. How about "in hindsight I wish things were done differently and I'm going to spend the rest of my life helping out the victims.". But nope we get the same old bullish|t about he's going to help out the school instead. I'm pretty sure the victims need help, not your bs prayers, joe. Don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out. balloon knot

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It's pretty unfathomable that the Penn State BOT can't forsee what a circus this will become for them the rest of this year (not to mention, how disrespectful to the victims) to allow him to finish the year. That's not crisis management. Only one "right" answer and that's to clean house, pour some bleach, and light a fire to ANY connections to what went on, as quickly as possible. Even more right would be to apologize profusely to the kids, but that won't happen for legal reasons.

Reaction Score
You know what also infuriates me (won't even compare it to the agony these young boys must have been subjected to) is that Calhoun is suspended three games for some minor (and that is what they were) infractions and JoePa gets a hero's send-off and possibly will coach in the BIG 10 Championship game and possibly a BCS bowl. If the BIG 10 had any sack, they would suspend him immediately. No matter what he did for the university over the past 50 years, he frittered away any goodwill he earned.

Reaction Score
Guarantee the opposite happens. Watch the game Saturday and you'll hear a roar and there'll be a standing ovation of support. Absolute snow but I have no doubt that's what'll happen if he's allowed to coach the game.

50/50

Reaction Score
Don't forget that McQueary will still be coaching Saturday.
Mike Golic on the situation, "There's going to be a lot of anger Saturday. He shouldn't be anywhere near that field."
that's from MikeandMike's twitter

McQueary told the players two days ago that he would not be coaching them again. That was on a player's twitter. Don't know why/what that means.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
McQueary told the players two days ago that he would not be coaching them again. That was on a player's twitter. Don't know why/what that means.
Thank you for clarifying/correcting.
It's the best move to not have him on the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom