Joe Pa could face criminal charges - per si.com | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Joe Pa could face criminal charges - per si.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I am an attorney, and I will say the chances of Joe Paterno being indicted are about 5,000,000 to 1. DA stated that Joe Paterno would not be charged. Pretty much the end of it. Legally, Joe PAterno did everything he was required to do. Morally, he did not do everything he could. That is not a crime.
Well, Mr./Ms. Attorney, I think you may not have your facts straight. It was the state AG, mot a DA, and what she said about Paterno was that he was not a target, not that he would not be charged. And it has been reported that his grand jury testimony regarding what McQuery reported to him regarding the 2002 incident may be a problem that imo could result in a perjury/obstruction charge.

Reaction Score
Well, Mr./Ms. Attorney, I think you may not have your facts straight. It was the state AG, mot a DA, and what she said about Paterno was that he was not a target, not that he would not be charged. And it has been reported that his grand jury testimony regarding what McQuery reported to him regarding the 2002 incident may be a problem that imo could result in a perjury/obstruction charge.

You're right about the AG, but he's a she and she did say that stuff about Joe fulfilling his responsibilities and not being liable. She then opined about moral responsibility, implying he had failed that measure.

Reaction Score
I think all sorts of new info is about to come out in the wash over the next several months, and there will be all sorts of new information for the AG, the DA, etc... to assess whether persons of interest have broken any laws. As more people start to be questioned, and are put in a position where they're covering their own ass, look out.

This show is just beginning. The criminal trial(s) will be one thing, wait until the civil trials begin.

Reaction Score
I am an attorney, and I will say the chances of Joe Paterno being indicted are about 5,000,000 to 1. DA stated that Joe Paterno would not be charged. Pretty much the end of it. Legally, Joe PAterno did everything he was required to do. Morally, he did not do everything he could. That is not a crime.

Joe Pa is already on the ground and he's not getting back up. What kind of message are we sending if we just keep kicking and kicking?

I'm just sad of how much of a witch-hunt this is turning out to be. Listen, I understand the severity of the crimes - maybe on a more personal level than most people are talking about here - but at the end of the day, Paterno is in his 80s...it's not like he's going to be doing anything else after this Penn St. job. He's already gotten forced out - there is no life left for the man. I'm not exactly sure what the point of trying to charge him with felonies will really do. It doesn't stand for anything more than this whole case has before. If anyone couldn't recognize gross negligence on behalf of many adults when the report first came out, I'm sure they're not going to recognize it even if Joe Pa gets sent to jail.

Reaction Score
I think all sorts of new info is about to come out in the wash over the next several months, and there will be all sorts of new information for the AG, the DA, etc... to assess whether persons of interest have broken any laws. As more people start to be questioned, and are put in a position where they're covering their own ass, look out.

This show is just beginning. The criminal trial(s) will be one thing, wait until the civil trials begin.

One unspoken aspect of this is law enforcement. One of the people Paterno reported this to was head of campus police for a 50,000 strong student body who liasioned with local police, and indeed he was the very person who alerted the local DA to Sandusky in 1998 after he conducted a police investigation. The DAs office in Centre County, the police, and the attorney general are going to have to answer their own questions about a Sandusky file that seems to have remained open all the way from 1998 until now. If you read the DA that replaced the disappeared guy, Madeira, he turned over the Sandusky file and investigation in 2005 citing conflict of interest, and it was an active file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom