Joe Lunardi - UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our 7 road wins are against teams that won't be in the tourney either
Temple might.*
Dayton might.

Both are RPI Top 50.

(Haven't beaten them yet...but we're playing out a contra-factual).

But those are simply maybes.

2012 only beat three teams that made the NCAA on the road or on a neutral court: Florida State, Notre Dame and South Florida. Those teams were a 3 seed, a 7 seed, and a 12 seed. The latter two aren't particularly impressive...and it doesn't strike me as that different than the wins from this year.

The West Virginia (2012) win was also in the BET, and we aren't counting post-season tournaments that are played on our home court. :)

Reaction Score
Miami, NC ST, Xavier, Ok St fell today. Teams can play there way out of the tournament. We can only play our way into it. Still a chance with 5 wins or an AAC championship.

Reaction Score
Teams can play there way out of the tournament. We can only play our way into it.
Well, technically, we could play ourselves further out of it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who wants to mess up Joe's helmet hair???

I love it when Seth Greenberg gives Joe grief. I don't think Seth doesn't like Joe at all from Seth's VA Tech days.

That said, UConn has played quite a few RPI Top 100 teams. We've got a few left. We just need to win some. The NCAA tends to take teams with tougher schedules, even if you don't always win them. See 2012 team & VCU a few years ago. Play a difficult schedule & you have a better chance to get in.

Worst toupee (sic?) ever

Reaction Score
Worst toupee (sic?) ever

Did you just see that creepy, heavily hair sprayed piece move up & down his forehead as he spoke, all in one motion, as I did? When he started to get excited, I thought the whole lid would pop off into the air!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom