Joe D & Jacobs Need a reality check | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Joe D & Jacobs Need a reality check

Reaction Score
Can't find average quarter hour listeners online but these are the most recent shares I can find.

RADIO ONLINE ®

TIC-AM is actually higher in the ratings than it has been the last few years (in share).

The most surprising number is WMRQ's second HD station gets a 3.0 share?

WNTY is 2,500 watts and you can barely get it outside of Southington and it's ahead of WPOP? WPOP has the broadcast quality of a high school station but that is surprising.

I've been out radio for a long time but a lot of these stations that aren't owned by a huge conglomerate seem doomed. There is just no revenue.

Nobody buys 6+ - they buy demos. 18-34/18-49/25-54 etc.

WMRQ-HD2 is Spanish Tropical - obviously they have hit the demo there in Wtby.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nobody buys 6+ - they buy demos. 18-34/18-49/25-54 etc.

WMRQ-HD2 is Spanish Tropical - obviously they have hit the demo there in Wtby.

I know nobody buys 6+ it's just what's free for googling.

I was surprised about WMRQ-HD2 because of the format I didn't think that many people had adopted HD radio.

It must be in makes of cars I didn't test drive the last few cars I bought.

Reaction Score

I was surprised about WMRQ-HD2 because of the format I didn't think that many people had adopted HD radio.

Might be due to the translators - I think the ratings are aggregated when they simulcast on translators.

"The station broadcasts in HD. Its HD-2 channel carries a Spanish tropical music radio format known as "Bomba FM," also heard on translator stations 97.1 W246CC in Bolton, 99.5 W258AL in Clinton and 104.5 W283BS in Bridgeport."

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

The last two cars I've had had HD Radios... my problem is that I never get an HD signal consistently enough during my commute to even bother with it.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Please baby Jesus don't bring back Pastor Will and his garbage.
Feel good religious toned rants is the last thing I want to hear on my Windsor to Cromwell afternoon commute.

I liked the Joe D and Gresh show despite all of the complaints previously noted about breaks, traffic and weather.
This show going away is a blow to the local sports talk radio market.
Back to jumping back and forth between Dibbs and WFAN for me I guess.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The idea that in CT you'd need a traffic update during drive time is preposterous.

But say that there is someone out there that is so into getting a potential "short cut" on their commute and that at this point they would not have Waze or Google Maps, but be relying on an 8 minute traffic update is even more nuts.

Reaction Score
The idea that in CT you'd need a traffic update during drive time is preposterous.

But say that there is someone out there that is so into getting a potential "short cut" on their commute and that at this point they would not have Waze or Google Maps, but be relying on an 8 minute traffic update is even more nuts.

It is very easy to sell from the advertising perspective.

And while I use apps as well - when there is a bad tie-up - I specifically go to the radio to find out "what" has happened, and not just "that" something happened. Maybe that's just me, but I like the color.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It is very easy to sell from the advertising perspective.

And while I use apps as well - when there is a bad tie-up - I specifically go to the radio to find out "what" has happened, and not just "that" something happened. Maybe that's just me, but I like the color.

To each it's own and I totally understand that in NJ/NYC where there are dozens of ways to get everywhere, but if you're stuck on 84 in Waterbury or Hartford during your commute, what's the alternative pull off to the side of the road?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The last two cars I've had had HD Radios... my problem is that I never get an HD signal consistently enough during my commute to even bother with it.
My parents have an HD radio, it's annoying. It would be great if the signal was consistent, but it's not. Having HD cut in and out is incentive enough to just turn it off.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lite 100.5 HD-3 is a simulcast of the Sports Hub in Boston. I could usually pick it up around the northern-most gas station on the Wilbur Cross. I never had a problem picking it up in the Hartford area.

Reaction Score
WTIC AM NewsTalk 1080 Announces Afternoons With Todd Feinburg

>>“Afternoons with Todd Feinburg” will focus on local issue, topics of the day, politics and more. Todd will talk about everything relevant and relatable to the local community, its residents and businesses. The station will continue to feature news at the top and bottom of every hour and traffic and weather together on the 8’s<<

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom