Joe D call? | The Boneyard

Joe D call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Stuck at work with no ability to watch the game so had to listen on TuneIn and I seriously thought he was joking when he said it went in.

Reaction Score
I was at work also listening on the TuneIn App. I will tell you one thing, its 10 million times more stressful having to listen to these type of games on the radio instead of watching on TV. It literally took a few seconds to register that Joe D said he hit the shot.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I was at work also listening on the TuneIn App. I will tell you one thing, its 10 million times more stressful having to listen to these type of games on the radio instead of watching on TV. It literally took a few seconds to register that Joe D said he hit the shot.

I thought we'd won because I don't think Joe D ever said that Cincy made a 3 on the previous shot. I thought we just walked off from half court.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Well he literally started saying "no good" then switched. I think I lost a year or 2 off of my life today.

Reaction Score
Well he literally started saying "no good" then switched. I think I lost a year or 2 off of my life today.

Yes. Awful job. When he started to say "no" it led to that strange "nyitt!"

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Usually I go to the gym right after work on Friday, don't know if I'll need to now. That was some fine couch cardio.

Reaction Score
I have to pick up my son from his afterschool program ends left the house at the start of the third overtime. We got in the car together just after Hamilton made his free throw. When Cincy hit the three I turned back and gave him a "Sorry, kiddo" shrug of the shoulders. He looked like he was going to start crying, and I'm thinking about how to keep him from losing it when we both hear "MADE IT!!" Next thing I know I am high-fiving my eight-year-old in the back seat practically driving off the road.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
His call was awful. He was resigned to us losing and then had to quickly had to reverse course. Of ye' of little faith, Joe D!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
His call was awful. He was resigned to us losing and then had to quickly had to reverse course. Of ye' of little faith, Joe D!
I wouldn't say it was awful, but on Cincy's possession he just said "gets it out to Johnson for the win", and then no indication it was a 3. So some fans might think it had been a 2 and Jalen's 3 would have been the winner. Also nitpicky, on Jalen's shot as it went up it was a "full-court heave" and after he hit it it was "from half court". I wouldn't be able to form a coherent sentence if that was my job there, but JoeD probably wishes he had performed a little better in the clutch.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say it was awful, but on Cincy's possession he just said "gets it out to Johnson for the win", and then no indication it was a 3. So some fans might think it had been a 2 and Jalen's 3 would have been the winner. Also nitpicky, on Jalen's shot as it went up it was a "full-court heave" and after he hit it it was "from half court". I wouldn't be able to form a coherent sentence if that was my job there, but JoeD probably wishes he had performed a little better in the clutch.

To be fair, it was an exhausting 3 OTs. And chaotic at the end.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It was a wicked poor man's Bob Huessler.

Reaction Score

There's no such thing as a horrible call on a game-saving, season-saving, faith-restoring miracle shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom