Job Posting for Chief Operating Officer- UConn Division of Athletics | The Boneyard

Job Posting for Chief Operating Officer- UConn Division of Athletics

Reaction Score
Replacement posting; Chief Operating Officer- University of Connecticut
Division of Athletics

Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree; eight to ten years of experience working in a Division I Athletic Department, a Division I Conference Office, and/or the NCAA; prior experience as a Senior Woman Administrator (SWA) at a Division I Institution or Conference; demonstrated working knowledge of NCAA regulations; and excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.

Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree or advanced degree; combination of eight to ten years of experience in a senior administrative position as an Associate Athletic Director, Senior Associate Athletic Director, Deputy Athletic Director, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Director of Athletics in a Division I Athletic Department, a Division I Conference Office, and/or the NCAA; prior responsibility for sports program administration; prior experience in the review and compliance of Title IX and gender equity issues; prior experience in the administration, oversight and supervision of sport performance units such as sports medicine, athletic training and strength and conditioning; and experience with facility master planning and the design and construction process of athletic facilities.

Posting closes June 19th.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Is this to backfill the Beth Goetz position? Sorry if that is a dumb question, but I don't make much of an effort to understand the rolls/titles of the athletics admin staff at UConn.

Reaction Score
Is this to backfill the Beth Goetz position? Sorry if that is a dumb question, but I don't make much of an effort to understand the rolls/titles of the athletics admin staff at UConn.

Yes. IMO there is no need to fill the position at that level/salary.

Reaction Score
Is this legal? prior experience as a Senior Woman Administrator

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
That might be the federally designated role required under Title 9 stuff. I recall someone talking about such a role a while back.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah. It's a pretty tough gig though:
upload_2018-5-31_12-13-5.png

"I don't need your 'administration'. Leave me alone."

Reaction Score
I really wonder what these administrators do on a day to day basis.

Not sure what all the administrators do but this one is pretty important. Oversees day to day operation of all aspects of the program & the main person overseeing the entire women's programs with all the Title IX stuff. As said, not sure what the other administrators do & maybe you could cut back on those. The CEO position is one that you can't. I know that the NCAA requires an administrator above & beyond the head coach be assigned to each team; not sure what their responsibilities are. It seems at most major programs, an "administrator" has responsibility for 3 or 4 teams with sometimes the one who has football & men's basketball having only that sport. The NCAA requires a bunch of paperwork & reports through out the year on each program - probably NCAA bureaucratic stuff, but none the less required...

Reaction Score
Not sure what all the administrators do but this one is pretty important. Oversees day to day operation of all aspects of the program & the main person overseeing the entire women's programs with all the Title IX stuff. As said, not sure what the other administrators do & maybe you could cut back on those. The CEO position is one that you can't. I know that the NCAA requires an administrator above & beyond the head coach be assigned to each team; not sure what their responsibilities are. It seems at most major programs, an "administrator" has responsibility for 3 or 4 teams with sometimes the one who has football & men's basketball having only that sport. The NCAA requires a bunch of paperwork & reports through out the year on each program - probably NCAA bureaucratic stuff, but none the less required...

They need more administrators like the Sahara needs more sand.

C

Chief00

I’m surprised this was posted at all. I assumed the job would go to Chief. After all, not everyone could come up with the Blaze strategy.

Should Chief take a pay cut and apply?

Reaction Score
Adrianne Swinney Named Chief Operating Officer for UConn Athletics

>>Adrianne Swinney, who spent the last three years as the Deputy Athletics Director at UNC Wilmington, has been named Chief Operating Officer at UConn, as announced by Athletic Director David Benedict on Friday, July 27. Swinney's position will carry the designation of Senior Woman Administrator for the department.

Swinney will oversee several aspects of the department, including Equipment Services, Sports Medicine, Sports Performance, Athletic Training, and will serve as the Department Liaison for Admissions, Title IX & Gender Equity and OIE/Community Standards. <<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom