OT: - JMU softball wins again | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: JMU softball wins again

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: I do not remember her name but the centerfielder for Oklahoma is absolutely delightful to watch.
Very talented...tons of energy. I think the announcers said she was national Frosh of the Year.
In fact pretty much everyone on all the teams plays with great emotion...for some reason I do not find any of it over-the-top
or obnoxious....just darned fun to watch. I think OU also has the national POY as well....hmmm....wonder if Sherri Coale might be in the stands today....all the games are in Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
Well I predicted OU would come back and make the finals but did not expect FSU. They’ve been nearly dead multiple times.
Fouts meanwhile talk about your highs and lows.

Reaction Score
The FSU Alabama game did not go the way I expected. Figured it would be a pitcher's duel. What do I know?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
A question here: I have been watching these games with the sound muted for the most part...a hangover from not wanting to hear
analysts distort or ignore the UConn Huskies games.

Has anyone explained what the pitchers are doing by looking at their non-throwing arm before every blessed pitch?
There is 'something' there with apparent info on it. Are coaches able to directly communicate with their pitcher?
Call every pitch? A scouting report on each batter? Got any idea?

Reaction Score
They have wrist bands that they refer to when interpreting the pitch calls from the dugout. And yes, some teams "call" every pitch. The wrist bands also are worn by other players so they know where to position themselves defensively based on the pitch call.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom