Jimmy's not going to retire for a few years now | The Boneyard

Jimmy's not going to retire for a few years now

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
he's going to protect his baby, makes sure we have a soft landing, and win a couple of conference championships before he turns over the keys

he's young again, and determine

(that's what my sources are telling me:))

Reaction Score
Yup. JC has openly talked about wanting to make sure that when he leaves, he leaves UConn as a program of such statute that its a destination job that will have continued success (basically he wants UConn to be on the level we always discuss in our "blue blood or not" arguments). If UConn ends up in the ACC then I can think of no better way to do that then to stick around for a few years, beat UNC and Duke a few times and win at least one more NCAA tournament title (if that still exists).

If UConn lands elsewhere, then I have no doubt that JC will stick around long enough to make sure that UConn is ok in its new environment.

Reaction Score
Everything he's said has hinted towards the long-term
In all fairness he probably would be remiss in his responsibilities not to pump or promote the move. With the implication of course that he will be around for it. UConn is desperately trying to make the move. JC is the face of UConn athletics. He has no choice regardless of his position. The Prez needs him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom