Jimmy V Classic: UConn vs UNC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jimmy V Classic: UConn vs UNC

Reaction Score
Oh I thought you were talking about the Jimmy V Classic tickets. I can’t go out to Kansas for that game but am hoping to make it to MSG for the first time for a UConn game.
They’re on sale for Jimmy V too on Vivid!

Reaction Score
Unc is one team that's had uconns number over the years so would be nice to get them back for 1998 and that OT 3 point loss.
Completely agree. But always got along well with them arguing about who hates Dook more. Good times.

Reaction Score
Completely agree. But always got along well with them arguing about who hates Dook more. Good times.
Duck Fook! Walking with that T-shirt on in Piedmont park during a festival with our UNC close friend was a great memory. That was the day we came back and beat them. Was watching in a bar down there and everyone was pulling for UConn after seeing my shirt.

what a day.

Epic half by Emeka.

"He did not doubt his destiny when Duke was ahead by 8 points with 3 minutes 28 seconds to play.

He does not remember his team's 12-0 run, or how he scored all 18 of his points in the second half, intimidated the Duke shooters and fouled out the three Blue Devils who had pounded him and hounded him into his own foul trouble."

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Any updates on public ticket sales for Jimmy V? Don’t want to miss that first day they go up!!

Reaction Score
Duck Fook! Walking with that T-shirt on in Piedmont park during a festival with our UNC close friend was a great memory. That was the day we came back and beat them. Was watching in a bar down there and everyone was pulling for UConn after seeing my shirt.

what a day.

Epic half by Emeka.

"He did not doubt his destiny when Duke was ahead by 8 points with 3 minutes 28 seconds to play.

He does not remember his team's 12-0 run, or how he scored all 18 of his points in the second half, intimidated the Duke shooters and fouled out the three Blue Devils who had pounded him and hounded him into his own foul trouble."
And in terms of quotes from opponent coaches this one isn't bad either:

Krzyzewski conceded that it was a devastating way for his team to end a 31-6 season.
''It was a difficult, very difficult,'' he said in a halting voice. "I'm sorry it was such a crushing defeat.''

Reaction Score
Tickets went on sale Oct 5 last year. Doubt they hit same timeline for 2023 but should be soon.

Reaction Score
Because they will lose some games, and the one at Kansas is probably the toughest one on the schedule, given the opponent and venue.
So because Kansas is a tough game you think we will lose to UNC? Thinking we will lose a game is not part of my DNA.

Reaction Score
So because Kansas is a tough game you think we will lose to UNC? Thinking we will lose a game is not part of my DNA.
I think there’s a decent chance UNC absolutely sucks this year, hoping we beat the s*** out of them. No dept and I question their stars

Reaction Score
You misunderstood. My post to which you originally replied was referring to Kansas. I think we will beat UNC. (Doomed.)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Would be nice, but I already have that penciled in as an L
Come on man. I don't. UConn is a very bad matchup for them with size that can match theirs and much better depth. That's going to be a hell of a game. I don't think our guys will be intimidated by playing at AFH after the tournament run last year.

Reaction Score
Come on man. I don't. UConn is a very bad matchup for them with size that can match theirs and much better depth. That's going to be a hell of a game. I don't think our guys will be intimidated by playing at AFH after the tournament run last year.
Hope you're right! I'm just hedging emotionally more than anything else.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hope you're right! I'm just hedging emotionally more than anything else.
Anybody on either side of that game that is truly confident they will win, is deluding themselves.

Reaction Score
Has anyone gotten confirmation from the ticket office that there will be an allotment of tickets available for the Jimmy V made available for donors?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's really a toss up. Our guys wont be intimidated, agreed. And we do have better depth. But usually AFH has 3 extra players wearing zebra stripes which can be discouraging for a road team. But Im more hopeful this year. I think we are beginning to see the worm turn for the perception of Kansas, and that maybe the institutional enabling of the rug doctor and his merry band of criminals is on the way out. Rome wasn't built in a day, but we gotta start somewhere.

Reaction Score
tossup between MSU and KU for the most overrated team in america right now but ill give it to KU by virtue of being preseason #1.

they have ZERO good 3 point shooters in their projected starting lineup of harris, jackson, mcullar, adams, and dickinson. timberlake is their only shooter off the bench. the loss of morris might really hurt.

just pack the paint and double dickinson.

Reaction Score
tossup between MSU and KU for the most overrated team in america right now but ill give it to KU by virtue of being preseason #1.

they have ZERO good 3 point shooters in their projected starting lineup of harris, jackson, mcullar, adams, and dickinson. timberlake is their only shooter off the bench. the loss of morris might really hurt.

just pack the paint and double dickinson.
We won’t have to double dickinson

Reaction Score
Has anyone gotten confirmation from the ticket office that there will be an allotment of tickets available for the Jimmy V made available for donors?
Just heard back from the ticket office and the email should be going out this week or early next week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom