OT: - Jimmy to Sixers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Jimmy to Sixers

Reaction Score
3 team where you move horford

I wouldn't move horf. He would play well with AD and seems willing to take salary cuts Tyler Phommachanh make a bigger deal work from interviews.

Maybe picks, rozier, and brown?

Morris?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah. but why go thru all this drama for what? They should have got more for him. They got less over time.

They screwed up, but I'm not sure how much of a market they ever had. Once Jimmy demanded a trade, their nuts were effectively lopped off.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I’m more concerned with Hayward’s really slow start than anything else. That injury was no joke.

Why though? I mean, I figured the first half of the season was going to be a writeoff for Gordon. He's still not trusting the leg, he's got a year of rust, and just as importantly, he has yet to learn his role and how to play with his teammates.

That's Boston's biggest problem right now. Nobody knows their role (Brad doesn't know it yet either). They'll figure it out and come together eventually.

I'm betting Danny deals somebody at some point. I'm just not sure who because not many options make sense.

xclamations

*Raspberries*
Reaction Score
I would definitely still put the celtics at 2

Especially after they get Anthony Davis within the next year

Ill believe it when i see it. They dont look as good as Milwaukee to me

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I wouldn't move horf. He would play well with AD and seems willing to take salary cuts Tyler Phommachanh make a bigger deal work from interviews.

Morris?

Smart would probably have to be in to make the deal work

the Q

Reaction Score
Why though? I mean, I figured the first half of the season was going to be a writeoff for Gordon. He's still not trusting the leg, he's got a year of rust, and just as importantly, he has yet to learn his role and how to play with his teammates.

That's Boston's biggest problem right now. Nobody knows their role (Brad doesn't know it yet either). They'll figure it out and come together eventually.

I'm betting Danny deals somebody at some point. I'm just not sure who because not many options make sense.

Most becuse there is no guarantee he does come back

Reaction Score
Smart would probably have to be in to make the deal work

Is he that valuable though? He can't shoot. I LOVE him for the Celtics, but except on an already very good team, he may not add much value

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Smart isn't going anywhere - you can bank on it
If Celts get AD it will cost them TR and JB but with AD its lights out and its only GS and Boston

Reaction Score
If Celts get AD it will cost them TR and JB but with AD its lights out and its only GS and Boston

Seriously. And he's only 25.

the Q

Reaction Score
Is he that valuable though? He can't shoot. I LOVE him for the Celtics, but except on an already very good team, he may not add much value

Need him to match salaries I believe

the Q

Reaction Score

TR
Brown
Morris

Is only 13m in salary

Need like 7 more to get close enough to match per cap rules

Reaction Score
How would they do that? Tatum and 1st round draft picks isn't enough IMO.

How do you think they get him? Wheres t he money come from? I've heard a few ideas floated around, but I'm not sure it works without gutting the team

Horford is up for a new contract next year. Will have to get rid of him via trade or just not re-sign him. This will clear up the majority of cap space to pay Davis.

Smart just signed an $11.5 million contract. Incorporate him in a trade to free up additional cap space for when you look to resign Kyrie and ultimately pay Tatum.

Terry is also a good trade chip. He's up for a new contract next year and the Celts will not be able to afford it.

All in all, if you package Horford, Smart, Rozier, and a first-round pick I think it's worth it for the Pelicans. You could also interchange Jaylen Brown for Smart.

Reaction Score

They already beat them this year.

The Bucks are a good team but ultimately the Celts are set up better for the future and have a more desirable market.

xclamations

*Raspberries*
Reaction Score
They already beat them this year.

The Bucks are a good team but ultimately the Celts are set up better for the future and have a more desirable market.

They played once in boston, too soon.
Who knows how it goes when the playoffs happen.
Boston fans think theyre always getting everyone though. We will see...

Reaction Score
They played once in boston, too soon.
Who knows how it goes when the playoffs happen.
Boston fans think theyre always getting everyone though. We will see...

Anthony Davis will be in a Celtics jersey next season...

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Currently aren't. But that's gonna change, hopefully in a hurry. Lot of moving and unintegrated parts over there.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Morris?

Horford is so integral to what the Celtics do. He was their MIP last year. Not the best, nor necessarily most valuable, but if you subtracted him, they would have been dead in the water. You could argue he's the perfect combo post for Boston's system.

Reaction Score
How is this deal better than the one previously reported about Houston giving up multiple 1st rd picks? Assuming that had any validity.

Butler should make Philly even more formidable and a tough out in the playoffs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom