OT: - Jimmy to Sixers | The Boneyard

OT: Jimmy to Sixers

Reaction Score
Tough to say how much better the sixers get.

They will have even less shooting now.

Still like the pick up though, just not for this year. Bring in shooters the next couple years and you have a top team in the east.

Id stay say the east is

Raps
Bucks
Celtics
76ers

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Two role players for a star is always good math in the nba

How did minny not get the 2019 Chicago pick

Reaction Score
Jimmy managed to hissy fit his way out of Minnesota after wanting to link up with Thibodeau again.

The Bulls suck now and with Dunn and Markkanen out I hope they tank to get Zion or Barrett. A core of Dunn, Lavine, Markkanen, Wendell Carter, and either Barrett or Zion would be pretty formidable.

Reaction Score
A bit of a complicated deal. Butler is one of the biggest cancers in the league and a tiger doesn't change its stripes. Going to be interesting to see how he co-exists with Embiid's "entertaining" personality. Simmons too. Butler's defense is still getting by based on his reputation; he needs to start putting in more effort on that end of the court again. You've also added another isolation-type player who isn't a great outside shooter. Not exactly in line with the trend throughout the league.

I'm amazed MIN went through all this drama and this was the deal they ultimately accepted. I'm not a Saric fan, he's far too plodding for today's game and a defensively liability in the playoffs. Putting him next to KAT gives you a laughable frontcourt defensively. RoCo is okay but his defense has always been overrated; he struggles with quicker players. He's an okay piece but nothing to get excited about. MIN really needed to get a 1st or Fultz in this deal.

The scary part of this deal is PHI re-signing Butler next summer. Giving a 30 year old Butler 5/$190m is not something I'd be thrilled about but PHI needed to make a move. They were a solid step behind Boston and Toronto.

Reaction Score
Two role players for a star is always good math in the nba

How did minny not get the 2019 Chicago pick
Saric is NOT a role player. He’s a starter and a good big anchor 4 who can also hit jump shots at a solid clip. A perfect pairing with a skilled 5 like Embiid and KAT

And Covington is as much a “role player” for Philly as Ariza was for Houston; and look at how much he has been missed.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Philly still needs a PG though

Reaction Score
Philly is gonna be a really interesting team to watch. Feel like they could be really good or a total trainwreck.

Reaction Score
A bit of a complicated deal. Butler is one of the biggest cancers in the league and a tiger doesn't change its stripes. Going to be interesting to see how he co-exists with Embiid's "entertaining" personality. Simmons too. Butler's defense is still getting by based on his reputation; he needs to start putting in more effort on that end of the court again. You've also added another isolation-type player who isn't a great outside shooter. Not exactly in line with the trend throughout the league.

I'm amazed MIN went through all this drama and this was the deal they ultimately accepted. I'm not a Saric fan, he's far too plodding for today's game and a defensively liability in the playoffs. Putting him next to KAT gives you a laughable frontcourt defensively. RoCo is okay but his defense has always been overrated; he struggles with quicker players. He's an okay piece but nothing to get excited about. MIN really needed to get a 1st or Fultz in this deal.

The scary part of this deal is PHI re-signing Butler next summer. Giving a 30 year old Butler 5/$190m is not something I'd be thrilled about but PHI needed to make a move. They were a solid step behind Boston and Toronto.
Jimmy screwed Minnesota so much. No player should act that way and he's not good enough to. I used to love the guy, seems the money went to his head.

Reaction Score
Jimmy screwed Minnesota so much. No player should act that way and he's not good enough to. I used to love the guy, seems the money went to his head.

Yeah. but why go thru all this drama for what? They should have got more for him. They got less over time.

the Q

Reaction Score
What they need is someone who can guard pg's and shoot 3s.

Patty Mills has alwys been a great fit. Thought they should’ve added him in fa when they had the chance

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Can’t believe you guys are writing off Boston for a rough start. I can’t wait until they burn everyone in the playoffs

the Q

Reaction Score
Can’t believe you guys are writing off Boston for a rough start. I can’t wait until they burn everyone in the playoffs

I’m more concerned with Hayward’s really slow start than anything else. That injury was no joke.

the Q

Reaction Score

Minny screwed minny I’m so many ways, but most of it starts wih Wiggins. They essentially picked Wiggins over butler.

They should’ve traded Wiggins last summer in a deal for PG (they refused). And gotten Lowry instead of Teague and Gibson.

Then this stuff doesn’t happen.

And again, how does thibs pass on OG for Patton? OG is the quintessential thibs player.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Celtics need to make a deal. Package Rozier and the 1st rounder for a star. They had the East all to themselves and now they’re quickly becoming the 4th best team.

Reaction Score
I would definitely still put the celtics at 2

Especially after they get Anthony Davis within the next year
How would they do that? Tatum and 1st round draft picks isn't enough IMO.

Reaction Score
I would definitely still put the celtics at 2

Especially after they get Anthony Davis within the next year

How do you think they get him? Wheres t he money come from? I've heard a few ideas floated around, but I'm not sure it works without gutting the team

the Q

Reaction Score
How do you think they get him? Wheres t he money come from? I've heard a few ideas floated around, but I'm not sure it works without gutting the team

3 team where you move horford

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom