Jim Mora: Something feels different | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora: Something feels different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kansas has less than a 0% chance of going to the B1G
Mostly agree. I’d say less than 1%. FWIW I’d put UNC to the Big at no better than 35%. It is a Southern School. I could see them being more comfortable in the SEC if it wasn’t for the likes of Alabama, Mississippi

Reaction Score
Kansas has less than a 0% chance of going to the B1G
Kansas is not going to the ACC, SEC or Big East. Big12 serves them fine for now. Big Ten ( I refuse to use the absurd other moniker) is their future home,

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Year 3 is put up or shut up time.
Or rather, shut up and put up time. I'm on the record as saying last season he's on his way out. The turnover on coaching staff, the loss of impact players in the portal, the BIG12 hit job, the drop in play performance, and what I won't forgive him for is calling us a horseshit program during an intermission interview (he wasn't wrong at all, but really Coach, you're trying to raise us by lambasting us on national TV?). I read low bar and think screw that, he wants to show he means business, then get us to 7-8 wins by any means short of flagrant cheating, otherwise you're Diaco without the flair.

Reaction Score
Kansas is not going to the ACC, SEC or Big East. Big12 serves them fine for now. Big Ten ( I refuse to use the absurd other moniker) is their future home,
Going strictly off their football history they aren’t. It’s worse than uconns over the past 20 yrs.

Reaction Score
Or rather, shut up and put up time. I'm on the record as saying last season he's on his way out. The turnover on coaching staff, the loss of impact players in the portal, the BIG12 hit job, the drop in play performance, and what I won't forgive him for is calling us a horseshit program during an intermission interview (he wasn't wrong at all, but really Coach, you're trying to raise us by lambasting us on national TV?). I read low bar and think screw that, he wants to show he means business, then get us to 7-8 wins by any means short of flagrant cheating, otherwise you're Diaco without the flair.
win a basketball game and everybody thinks we should have better than where we are

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
win a basketball game and everybody thinks we should have better than where we are
It's not an outlandish statement to say we should be better situated than where we are had the program not p!ssed themselves into mediocrity. 2022 showed the team could compete, barring the three blowout games, the way they did during HCRE era 1. Just because our football is G5 status doesn't mean it should occupy the lowest ranks of G5 performers.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I wonder if Mora's lack of interest (supposed) has anything to do with the rumors of AD Dave heading to ASU? He's the reason Mora cAme to UConn. Gotta think that if he leaves, Mora is close behind.

Reaction Score
CBB (men’s & Caitlyn Clarke)have been the focus of sports headlines the last month. Now transition back to spring football. Hoping it is the same for UConn.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Mora's lack of interest (supposed) has anything to do with the rumors of AD Dave heading to ASU? He's the reason Mora cAme to UConn. Gotta think that if he leaves, Mora is close behind.
I think that, too.

I also think that when he took the job, he did not realize what a handicap being independent was going to be to his success.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
he wants to show he means business, then get us to 7-8 wins by any means short of flagrant cheating, otherwise you're Diaco without the flair incoherent manic episodes.
FIFY

For what it's worth, Mora doesn't strike me as a quitter, although I am a little disconcerted by the changes to his social media.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Where are these rumors coming from? I hadn’t heard it, and it does seem like a step down from where he is now. Although his stock is as high as it’s ever been, maybe ASU is offering him a hefty raise? We can’t let him go!

Reaction Score
Where are these rumors coming from? I hadn’t heard it, and it does seem like a step down from where he is now. Although his stock is as high as it’s ever been, maybe ASU is offering him a hefty raise? We can’t let him go!

Reaction Score
Didn't some PAC 12 (rip) columnists basically confirm he isn't in the running?

Reaction Score
It's not an outlandish statement to say we should be better situated than where we are had the program not p!ssed themselves into mediocrity. 2022 showed the team could compete, barring the three blowout games, the way they did during HCRE era 1. Just because our football is G5 status doesn't mean it should occupy the lowest ranks of G5 performers.
and how do you think you come back from the depths? Geez, you think its like flipping a switch?

Reaction Score
I thought I read that too. His name will come up when there is an opening. If he did a bad job it wouldn’t. Nature of the beast.

Reaction Score
It’s in that thread (along w/ a ?pertinent AD David Benedict tweet)- he asked where the rumors were coming from.

Reaction Score
and how do you think you come back from the depths? Geez, you think it’s like flipping a switch?
We are working our way back. In some ways 2022 put extra pressure on Mora in that expectations were the highest they’ve been for last year. I spoke to long time fans who expected us to win 8-9 games including beating both NC State and BC.

Funny someone mentioned joining the Mountain West. It’s pretty unlikely but if it were closer, it would be a pretty decent match, I think. We seem to play MWC games, I think with a boost from CBSSN who also carries them. None in 2024, but we play Wyoming next year I think It no weirder a concept than Gonzaga joining the NEWBIE for basketball that Fox was pushing for a while. Not happening, but intriguing idea none the less. 4 road games would be tough.

DCT

Reaction Score
I think that, too.

I also think that when he took the job, he did not realize what a handicap being independent was going to be to his success.
I think he took the job believing there was a chance Uconn could get into a conference. Doubt he thinks that now.

Reaction Score
I think he took the job believing there was a chance Uconn could get into a conference. Doubt he thinks that now.
Hey, UConn may soon get an ACC invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32