Jim Mora: Something feels different | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora: Something feels different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe, emphasis on maybe, not getting the Big 12 invite took the wind out of his sails

I have nothing, no evidence, just answering a vague question with a vague response :)

Let's win more, I think we will, I think he suffered a little from the sophomore jinx last year
A ton.

Reaction Score
I do think there was something to this. The difference between 2022 and 2023 came down to a handful of plays. A missed extra point, a tying td called back a silly unsportsmanlike like penalty killing momentum. Everything that could have gone wrong did last year. Roberson I thought looked better later, too. More fully over his injury. If he is the quarterback, I think he will be better.
Roberson got better with his completions b/c it was around 50/50 he’d complete a pass everytime he dropped back. Idk the exact comp pct numbers but I just know he showed improvement and maybe it was inexperience and health recovery as u mentioned.

I hope this doesn’t occur being a ND fan, but if Steve Angeli drops on depth chart or hits the portal, I’d think he’d be a perfect QB you could start right away and get up to 3 years from him. That’s rare. I hope he doesn’t leave ND though!

Reaction Score
It has to be due to the Big XII situation. I think he really bought into the idea what we'd be going.
Maybe. I am convinced it was a probability until literally the last 24 hours.

Reaction Score
I think the school thought so but a lot of things would have had to go differently for it to happen. I still think we got played.
I think anybody who thought we were in played themselves

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I’ll take a QB who dives after a loose ball he caused.

Reaction Score
I think the school thought so but a lot of things would have had to go differently for it to happen. I still think we got played.
Definitely on the first part. I grant you maybe on the second part.

Reaction Score
Do you guys think Mora may be staying quiet because UConn is heading soon into the ACC. Loose lips sink ships.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Do you guys think Mora may be staying quiet because UConn is heading soon into the ACC. Loose lips sink ships.
Do we even want that? I mean I guess you hold your nose and go without any better options but yuck.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Maybe. I am convinced it was a probability until literally the last 24 hours.

When that fiasco began I don't think anyone (us, the B-12, the P-12) thought the Pac 12 was going to completly disintegrate and that is what was required for us to have been left out.

Reaction Score
When that fiasco began I don't think anyone (us, the B-12, the P-12) thought the Pac 12 was going to completly disintegrate and that is what was required for us to have been left out.
Arizona was the only school with any sense that realized they had to leave or get left behind. They had to drag ASU and Utah kicking and screaming to join. Utahs coach a few days later basically whined to the media and said they'd be Big 10 bound soon and that the Big XII is only a pitstop for them. And the ASU AD didn't even consider leaving to be an option.

They all had to leave when Colorado left. It was the only decision for them to stay relevant and I'm shocked more people didn't see it playing out that way - especially those that were included.

Reaction Score
I think eventually UCONN needs the ACC but it won't be the same if UNC, Clemson and FSU are gone. I think ACC may take Kansas too.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think the only thing that's concerning in all of this is his removal of UConn in his social media profiles. That's what you see recruits do when they decommit. That is something that you can't just ignore for find an excuse for.....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think the only thing that's concerning in all of this is his removal of UConn in his social media profiles. That's what you see recruits do when they decommit. That is something that you can't just ignore for find an excuse for.....
And maybe something more will come of this now that our magical BB season has ended.

Reaction Score
Do we even want that? I mean I guess you hold your nose and go without any better options but yuck.
Not sure over all ... football even in a weakened ACC would fair much better than right now but its almost at a pick your poison .... will the Big East survive possible worst case scenario TV deal? We all want UConn in the Big East for Bball its where we belong but the Big East could become as irrelevant as the Pac12. Football drive the bus

Reaction Score
I think eventually UCONN needs the ACC but it won't be the same if UNC, Clemson and FSU are gone. I think ACC may take Kansas too.
Kansas would never go to the ACC and if they do I'll gladly eat crow. Kansas has a legit chance of the B1G otherwise why would it reduce itself to a poor mans ACC?

Reaction Score
Kansas would never go to the ACC and if they do I'll gladly eat crow. Kansas has a legit chance of the B1G otherwise why would it reduce itself to a poor mans ACC?
basketball think. Kansas isnt going anywhere

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
This is so weird.
1) Mora’s twitter bio and location is Idaho
2) hasn’t tweeted about men’s basketball
3) has he been involved in Spring practice at all??

Leave of absence for personal reasons? Falling out? Nothing burger?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The whole thing is odd. Now that the men have done the repeat, I'm hoping we get someone who will start asking Mora questions about Spring Ball. I don't need questions about him specifically. Let's just hear from him regarding the team's progress. All we've been getting are these small clips of worthlessness

Reaction Score
Kansas has less than a 0% chance of going to the B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32