Jim Mora on Green Light w/ Chris Long (Jim Mora on his new coaching gig, his coaching career, climbing Kili with Chris) | The Boneyard

Jim Mora on Green Light w/ Chris Long (Jim Mora on his new coaching gig, his coaching career, climbing Kili with Chris)

Reaction Score
This interview makes it sound like he'll be here 10 years, get this turned around, and have tons of young coaches that move on to "better jobs". What a great interview. I want this guy to mentor me and I feel lucky for him to be around the young men coming into this program.

Reaction Score
Nice! He said he turned down the Washington and Texas job when he was at UCLA. He said if he makes promises to the kids and parents that he likes to keep his promise. Sweet! He’s here for the long run guys. Let’s hope he turns it around because he’ll retire here if he does.

Reaction Score
Nice positive interview. Says he thinks that they can recruit in Georgia and Virginia as well as the rest of the Eastern Seaboard. Says they will look at JUCO transfers as well. Mora does his homework and always seems well prepared. He even knows what number Jonathan is.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I just finished listening to this and all I can say is "wow". It really feels like Benedict hit a home run here. I can see how he is a good recruiter...he has won over even the most cynical UConn fans...lol

Love his thoughts on integrity...I give him credit for calling out coaches who ask players for a commitment, but won't make a commitment themselves. RE could learn from that.

He gives us a peak into who has wants at QB...decision maker first...then he likes throwers who can run over runners who can throw. I would suggest to Tyler P that he improves his accuracy. I would also think throwers who can't run need not apply.

Lastly...I love how he talks about building a staff and helping them develop for other opportunities. Yet.....he doesn't sound like he wants another opportunity. He says he wants a to get a Husky dog...that doesn't sound like someone looking to leave soon..lol. Especially if he named it after Orlovsky...which he said he might do...lol

It's a great listen...I highly recommend finding the time.

Reaction Score
Nice positive interview. Says he thinks that they can recruit in Georgia and Virginia as well as the rest of the Eastern Seaboard. Says they will look at JUCO transfers as well. Mora does his homework and always seems well prepared. He even knows what number Jonathan is.
He said pretty much EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. We're about a year apart and he just seems to be young at heart and able to connect with players. Time management, recruiting areas, JUCOS it was all there. He has perspective, empathy, love for the game and a humble outlook along with experience. I'm sure he and the staff can draw hard lines, but he wants buy in through mutual respect. It's a refreshing change.

Reaction Score
He said pretty much EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. We're about a year apart and he just seems to be young at heart and able to connect with players. Time management, recruiting areas, JUCOS it was all there. He has perspective, empathy, love for the game and a humble outlook along with experience. I'm sure he and the staff can draw hard lines, but he wants buy in through mutual respect. It's a refreshing change.
If coach Mora truly lives up to the standard of mutual respect he will be successful. Mora will have to make decisions that are best for the team but may not appear " best" for an individual player. If he earns the respect of the players they will buy into his decisions. My first time in college I was in the ROTC program. I did not finish I left and ended up as an enlisted in Vietnam but I remembered the lesson that a WWII veteran ROTC instructor thought us about earning respect. He thought us that we will have the official trappings of respect but we would not have true respect unless we earned it. When I became a sergeant I remembered what that ROTC instructors lesson was since the same applied - you still needed to earn respect.
If Mora really earns his respect not only will be successful and make us fans happy he will teach his team that earning respect is a two way street and will carry them in life beyond football. Sorry to be philosophical in a sports chat room but I see a football team a bit like a military unit. mutual Respect makes it function sucessfully.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom