Jim Mora Expected to be Named HC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora Expected to be Named HC

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I saw him turn around Ucla which was a SOFT program and Usc fans I can tell you were glad he got replaced with soft Chip Kelly. I remember one game he did vs Navy in 2019 and Uconn had 4 tries at the goal line and he almost cursed on ntl tv lmao. Funny how 2 years later he now is the hc of that same program.
We need Pudge to weigh in on all UCLA matters. Pudge went to UCLA, I bet you didn't know that.

Reaction Score
"Mora and the University have agreed to a five-year deal through the 2026 season, and he will earn $1.5MM during his first year. The agreement also includes the opportunity for Mora to earn an additional $200,000 annually in performance incentives."

Reaction Score
"Mora and the University have agreed to a five-year deal through the 2026 season, and he will earn $1.5MM during his first year. The agreement also includes the opportunity for Mora to earn an additional $200,000 annually in performance incentives."

Reasonably priced deal. I’ll get excited when we hear about a competitive assistant pool.

Reaction Score
I’m not going to worry about what was,” Mora said. “I’m going to worry about what can be. I love football and I love coaching football and I love coaching men and I love connecting with the community. I thrive on it. It motivates me. They’re going to see that. They’re going to feel it. And it’s genuine. We’ll win. We’ll win. It will come. But they’re going to see steady progress.”

Reaction Score
It could be worse. We could have hired

1636644973953.jpeg

Reaction Score

-> “High school coaches in the state of Connecticut are so important to our success,” Mora said. “That can’t be ignored. It’s going to be really important to me to really start to develop those relationships in a sincere way. Any high school player in the state of Connecticut that is good enough to play at the University of Connecticut should be playing at the University of Connecticut. They should not be leaving the state to go play elsewhere. We need to dominate the state of Connecticut and attack that region, the Northeast.”

Mora also plans to make use of the transfer portal. “It’s changed the landscape of college football and it has allowed teams to get better quickly,” he said. “You can have great recruiting classes but they’re still young players. I think the portal gives you a chance to get some players that have some experience, obviously are a little bit more mature. … I just think you have to make sure that you attack it with a real strategy and you don’t become a team of mercenaries, that you use it to your advantage where you can.” <-

Reaction Score
I can't believe people are thinking this is a bad hire. Are you aware of what this program has become? :rolleyes:. The guy won at a major football school in a major conference. Give me a break.
He’s also won at the highest level of football, the NFL

Reaction Score
-> “High school coaches in the state of Connecticut are so important to our success,” Mora said. “That can’t be ignored. It’s going to be really important to me to really start to develop those relationships in a sincere way. Any high school player in the state of Connecticut that is good enough to play at the University of Connecticut should be playing at the University of Connecticut. They should not be leaving the state to go play elsewhere. We need to dominate the state of Connecticut and attack that region, the Northeast.”

Mora also plans to make use of the transfer portal. “It’s changed the landscape of college football and it has allowed teams to get better quickly,” he said. “You can have great recruiting classes but they’re still young players. I think the portal gives you a chance to get some players that have some experience, obviously are a little bit more mature. … I just think you have to make sure that you attack it with a real strategy and you don’t become a team of mercenaries, that you use it to your advantage where you can.” <-

Music to my ears

Reaction Score
The guy will be 65 when his contract ends. Uggh. Can we stop with the 60 year old + coaches? I want someone no older than 50 to actually be invested in rebuilding the program. Maybe he'll hire Pasqualoni as his Defensive Coordinator....

Reaction Score
Mentions of the transfer portal by Mora and Benedict. This has to be a critical piece of a turnaround.

We can’t continue to expect freshmen and sophomores to not play like freshmen and sophomores.

He wants CT kids playing for UConn which is another critical piece. We have so many three and four star recruits that take off and laugh at UConn. Hopefully Mora can change that perception in these kids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom