Jim Mora’s new staff coming together… | Page 44 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora’s new staff coming together…

Reaction Score
It does not seem like many of the coaches or support staff have had previous experience in the state of Florida. Coincidence or plan?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I’m a little baffled as to what all this new support staff will be doing. I guess it will come down to freeing up more time for Mora to be a coach in season and a public figure in the off season. And to provide staff that can enhance our profile with the big time alumni - ie alumni engagement.

Looking forward to what comes from the changes with the recruiting coordinator roles/ additional staffing. Edsall was decent at identifying talent (although this 2.0 era took a lot off his legend at talent evaluation), but he did seem to take some kids that were head scratchers. Anyway, it maybe that we simply need more eyes to sift through the ever growing stack of HS/juco/portal game film.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Welcome to UConn joining the commitment to big time college football. I count 38 positions (without academic advising) around football now. If this doesn't show people (aka the basketball only) we are all in, I don't know what else to say.

I see the added staff as ways to help with the portal, help with coaching and game planning. More eyes on the players and staff. Mora has seen what works around the country and this is one of the models.

Reaction Score
I’m a little baffled as to what all this new support staff will be doing. I guess it will come down to freeing up more time for Mora to be a coach in season and a public figure in the off season. And to provide staff that can enhance our profile with the big time alumni - ie alumni engagement.

Looking forward to what comes from the changes with the recruiting coordinator roles/ additional staffing. Edsall was decent at identifying talent (although this 2.0 era took a lot off his legend at talent evaluation), but he did seem to take some kids that were head scratchers. Anyway, it maybe that we simply need more eyes to sift through the ever growing stack of HS/juco/portal game film.
I think they will take a big helping role as the GM and director of player personnel helped with with the scouting and recruiting at Texas Tech

Reaction Score
Welcome to UConn joining the commitment to big time college football. I count 38 positions (without academic advising) around football now. If this doesn't show people (aka the basketball only) we are all in, I don't know what else to say.

I see the added staff as ways to help with the portal, help with coaching and game planning. More eyes on the players and staff. Mora has seen what works around the country and this is one of the models.
Must have been a heck of a meeting Mora and AD Dave had in Idaho.

Am I the only one that suspects there is a bigger picture that we are missing so far. Rebuild a respectable to good program, rebuild a relevant basketball program and be in position to make a move.

Reaction Score
I really believe what Cincinnati did can be done here and done better. Mora is the real deal and is serious about succeeding on a national level. He is building the personnel infrastructure to go along with the physical infrastructure that was already there.
I’m daydreaming about a future Rose Bowl appearance hoping I’m still young enough to enjoy it!

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I really believe what Cincinnati did can be done here and done better. Mora is the real deal and is serious about succeeding on a national level. He is building the personnel infrastructure to go along with the physical infrastructure that was already there.
I’m daydreaming about a future Rose Bowl appearance hoping I’m still young enough to enjoy it!
Ditto that. My leadership radar makes me think that Mora's and AD Dave's vision and program model had major overlap even before a single word was exchanged. The 3 day meetting may have been a result of the eureka realization. I also think Freescooter's broader view has a lot of merit. These guys have inside knowledge and depth of understanding that gives me great hope for the future of the program.

Reaction Score
What appears obvious at this point is that this partnership between JM & DB is about much more than just bringing the program back to “respectability”. Whether at the independent level or possibly greater, their program goals seem far beyond what we have ever experienced here before and it’s starting to feel like it’s going to be a very exciting ride!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I would invite anyone to take a look at the gameday programs (or just the website) for Purdue when they came here. They had about twice as many people listed under coaches and staff than we did.

Details matter when leading a group pf 100+ people. It's difficult to do with a small staff. There is a lot that goes on in a program. You need people to help deal with things large and small.

Reaction Score

All this support staff is how the big boys get away with staying under the NCAA Coaching limit on personnel. Neuheisel has talked about this extensively on his show. Even if they arent doing actual Coaching they can take the load off the staff in terms of communications and organization while in-season or Spring practices require their attention. Edsall wanted to compete with one hand tied behind our backs. From the Portal to communications to staffing. He wanted to be THE GUY. That's was never sustainable in 2020. So they won't be coaching. Definitely not coaching.

Reaction Score
That can't be right. They must list them differently. There is no way Rutgers has more staff than Alabama.
Staff Directory - University of Alabama Athletics sort for Football. Bama's is very similar to ours currently. Georgia has 60. I think both UConn and Bama don't have nutritionist and the likes for Football only, that makes a tiny bit of difference, but Rutgers has like 15 offensive analysts and no one has close to that.

Reaction Score
Staff Directory - University of Alabama Athletics sort for Football. Bama's is very similar to ours currently. Georgia has 60. I think both UConn and Bama don't have nutritionist and the likes for Football only, that makes a tiny bit of difference, but Rutgers has like 15 offensive analysts and no one has close to that.
We once had a nutritionist who also doubled at the Head Coach. No need for that again.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
All this support staff is how the big boys get away with staying under the NCAA Coaching limit on personnel. Neuheisel has talked about this extensively on his show. Even if they arent doing actual Coaching they can take the load off the staff in terms of communications and organization while in-season or Spring practices require their attention. Edsall wanted to compete with one hand tied behind our backs. From the Portal to communications to staffing. He wanted to be THE GUY. That's was never sustainable in 2020. So they won't be coaching. Definitely not coaching.

People are not fully appreciative of the budget constraints during Edsall's second stint, even if you acknowledge his shortcomings as a micromanager.

Mora has a more money to spend even if it's not coming directly from AD revenues. We're still at a disadvantage to other programs, but now that our future has stabilized there is a recogniztion that the commitment to the program wasn't large enough.

Reaction Score
I believe that UConn CAN BE the top ranked team in the Northeast. I think Penn State is the top, but we can be as good as they are and maybe in some years better, but Rutgers, The Fruit, BCU can be beaten in recruiting and games...

Reaction Score
People are not fully appreciative of the budget constraints during Edsall's second stint, even if you acknowledge his shortcomings as a micromanager.

Mora has a more money to spend even if it's not coming directly from AD revenues. We're still at a disadvantage to other programs, but now that our future has stabilized there is a recogniztion that the commitment to the program wasn't large enough.
Whether Edsall would have succeeded with the apparent increase in staff budget Mora is getting is open for debate, but I’d argue he would have a legitimate beef if he complained “Where was this when I was here?” @FfdCntyFan’s hints at the pettiness of the powers that be not spending what is needed (until now??) are interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom