Jim: Heart to heart talk with MJ worked wonders | The Boneyard

Jim: Heart to heart talk with MJ worked wonders

Status
Not open for further replies.

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
Moriah looked very impressive (esp. on defense) when I watched her in person against Marquette. Once she settles down the shots will start falling.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Geno thinks that she has enormous talent and is close to ready. Moriah can work into a prominent role the rest of the season.

A few weeks ago I floated the remote possibility that MoJeff could be taking over at the point come tournament time. I still think the possibility is quite remote but at least she appears well on her way to a lot more minutes. Well deserved ones. It may be that if she stays on her current rate of improvement, she essentially splits time at the point (20 mins) during the Tournament, and not just bc of 2nd half garbage time....

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I love what she has been doing of late. High school videos of highlights can sure be misleading but her ability to hit from deep and on step-back pull up jumpers
[darn similar imo to Kemba Walker] was there for us to see. I 'm betting she is in the gym shooting as we type and hoping that a bucket or two will boost her confidence on those shots.
If I am a defender, I back off to a faretheewell at this point and hope she shoots. That was the 4 year plan on Lorin Dixon...hope it never really gets started for MJ.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A few weeks ago I floated the remote possibility that MoJeff could be taking over at the point come tournament time. I still think the possibility is quite remote but at least she appears well on her way to a lot more minutes. Well deserved ones. It may be that if she stays on her current rate of improvement, she essentially splits time at the point (20 mins) during the Tournament, and not just bc of 2nd half garbage time....
I see her more a change of pace substitution. After a team begins to get used to the shock and campaign that is UConn basketball, after they begin to feel like can kind of play with us, Geno brings in MoJeff (aka MJ, aka "the wind") to take what remains of their will to compete away from them. I think the comparison to Loren Dixon's speed is a good one but MJ has a much bigger upside.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One of the real challenges for young PGs is that their shot and scoring suffers for all the attention they must give to be effective in other areas. I t is a problem/challenge we have seen before. It will come around but it may take time. The proper care and handling of a Ferrari is a delicate thing.

Reaction Score
One of the real challenges for young PGs is that their shot and scoring suffers for all the attention they must give to be effective in other areas. I t is a problem/challenge we have seen before. It will come around but it may take time. The proper care and handling of a Ferrari is a delicate thing.

Amen, brother...I hope Moriah realizes this...(I suspect she does) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom