Jim Fuller: Will Uconn be the 3rd or 4th #1 seed? | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller: Will Uconn be the 3rd or 4th #1 seed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Is it Jim Fooler? He must be fooling! Baylor. ND, UCONN..........................everyone else.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Especially on the women's side I do not think it inevitable that the overall #1 seed will be slotted to play the 4th #1 seed in the semis.
Nor do I think the overall #1 seed will necessarily get the worst #2 seed in the elite 8.

Phil: do you have any wisdom on that general topic?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Especially on the women's side I do not think it inevitable that the overall #1 seed will be slotted to play the 4th #1 seed in the semis.
Nor do I think the overall #1 seed will necessarily get the worst #2 seed in the elite 8.

I've noticed that too. They don't necessarily follow the S curve.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They haven't for several years.
We are probably just as likely to have to play Stanford. :rolleyes: (if we get that far)

(edited for mojo reasons :cool:)

Reaction Score
We are in the state of Connecticut until the Final Four correct? I think we will make the final four. I would not be shocked if we are up against Notre Dame. And to be honest if all our players play the way they can I think we can win that game. I know people will say ND beat us three times, but look at Maya's senior season. We beat them three times and then had to play them in the Final Four and that is when their luck turned around. In addition to that, KML had an off night in the Big East Tourney.... Kelly was nursing that ankle.... I just think anything is possible. Now we just need Stanford to take it to Baylor again :)

Reaction Score
Based on the existing jinx, the selection committee would be doing UCONN a favor putting them at 4 overall and opposite Baylor in the semis.

I'd take a 4 in a heartbeat. I dare the selection committee to do it.

There, I've guaranteed it won't happen :-p

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
The selection committee follow their own rules and use logic only when it suits them. New rules are made up as they go along to justify any and all actions.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
We'll be 3, and we'll play ND in the semi game, unless there is a surprise along the way.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

Not Phil -

But yes, the #1 over all seed will play the 4th #1 seed, unless they trot out an unforseen committee "new rule".

However, you are 100% correct that the elite 8 match-up is unrelated to where you are on the over-all seed line; it is based on geography. The 4 #2 seeds are seeded the same way the #1 seeds are - by geography, starting with the #5 over all seed. Then the 4 #3 seeds, by geography, starting with the over-all #9. And through the 4 seeds. Or so they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom