Jim Fuller: Mixed bag for freshmen | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller: Mixed bag for freshmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Banks had one of her best efforts of the season with 12 points (on 5 of 5 shooting), two rebounds and two steals in 17 minutes.

"Somebody must have spiked her egg nog," Auriemma said. "She actually had the ball on top, yelled at Michala (Johnson) to come to the high post, threw it to her, cut and got a layup. Three weeks ago she couldn't spell high post and would not have called out Michala's name and just grunted so for her to do all of that, it is progress.

LINK

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It was a great play and a big step up for Brianna. She is coming to understand it is team and not just one. Must have been great egg nog.

Reaction Score
"Andig Ledare".... is that your name of just what you are to all of us, spiritual leader?

Reaction Score
Brianna played a great game and I believe she will continue to get better. UCONN is going to need her starting next week with West Virginia and Notre Dame.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
"Andig Ledare".... is that your name of just what you are to all of us, spiritual leader?
Andlig Ledare is indeed Swedish for spiritual leader. The old Swedish of my last name esbjorn means icebear from the Linds I would guess that you have Norse roots, too.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Brianna played a great game and I believe she will continue to get better. UCONN is going to need her starting next week with West Virginia and Notre Dame.
Having an explosive guard who can defend against Notre Dame will be a big plus.
Brianna is more athletic than anyone ND has this year.

Reaction Score
Expect more Full Court pressure on WV and ND this coming week.............

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
If you watched Banks in club it is no surprise that it would take a freshman time to transition to a very team oriented offense, where it is important to be able to read what the defense is doing - her club was run and gun, no discipline, her athletic attributes very high end, so learning at Uconn which for freshmen takes times would be very different from that background. But with her attributes, getting what your coach wants could be very fruitful in the long term

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If you watched Banks in club it is no surprise that it would take a freshman time to transition to a very team oriented offense, where it is important to be able to read what the defense is doing - her club was run and gun, no discipline, her athletic attributes very high end, so learning at Uconn which for freshmen takes times would be very different from that background. But with her attributes, getting what your coach wants could be very fruitful in the long term
Thanks for the inside words.

Reaction Score
and don't forget her free throws! .867 on the season. Not as many attempts as others, but leading the team. She always seems really smooth and sinks them (nothing but net) with icy consistency - in the zone - another skill that will serve us well. Already one of my favorite players. I love to see our quick guards pick pockets and head in for a lay-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom