Jim Fuller: Geno predicts... | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller: Geno predicts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I love Saniya, and also love Kelly, but 1-player classes are a problem. He needs a very good and large group.

We have Ekmark, an excellent start.

We need to add size. Turner and/or Wilson would be great gets. As a duo, they would be unparalleled.

Caldwell would be excellent as a guard. Canada sounds great too.

I like Calhoun, adding athleticism, shooting, and decent size.

Throw in one surprise, and it's a really great class.

We need 4+, including some players who are ready to be impact players no later than their second year. We have seen with Maya and now this year's group that is possible.

Reaction Score
Geno said very little,lol, for Geno! Of course he can not say more or anything at all specific! I agree with Milford about 1 person classes! Ya know, I think Geno is not thrilled by that either;)

I know that Geno and the staff would have been thrilled with a 2013 class of DD,Taya and/ or McCall and Chong! John A,who hates talking about recruiting confirmed that! LOL I would have been thrilled by that,but it was not meant to be. There is still the possibility that because of a coach leaving a school/ a kid is released from her LOI, a Euro/overseas player comes, into play, a Juco player! There is a list of the ranked Juco players,but I have to have a friend link it for me DUH!

While all of those are possibilities as Milford has posted we are very much into the 2014 class. #1 Wilson 6'3"/6'4" SC rediculousely athletic and #1/#2/#3< pick a # Turner 6'3/6'4" TX wonderfully talented,has visited last March and plans to visit again possibly FEB 18th time frame;) friends since they were little kids with #4 Caldwell 5'*8" TX PG/G who visited in Oct. Nan does not have her posted,but talk has #5 Canada 5'7" PG CA on the radar,then there is #9 6'3" Drummer CA, and #9/15 Calhoun 6'1" very athletic and becoming increasingly skilled/sister of Omar!
Wilson,Turner,Caldwell,and Calhoun supposedly have offers!

Then there is #8 Courtney Ekmark 6'0" AZ who has verballed and we are going to love.

Milford is right if we were to get either of Wilson or more likely Turner it would be fantastic! Both would be rediculous! Caldwell at the moment appears more likely than Jordan,but who knows? Drummer all I know is that she has us on her list and ? I think and Tony is sure< I believe> that Sierra Calhoun will commit!

Sooooooo we do need 5 players if nothing else comes before then! We are talking about players who are Elite and should be able to be impact players by their 2nd yrs a cpl who can be as FR!

If we were to get #1/#3.#4/#8/#9 I think it would be "a pretty good class"! I hope these kids would be looking to learn,grow,and win NCs and have to earn minutes! A class anywhere near this would allow for the current FR and even SOs to feel very good about their SR Years!

Oh it is expected that Turner and Caldwell will be there to see our game against Texas A&M
Ira

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I know I'm not the first one to point this out, but it's really, really (really) hard to recruit behind a power class. Any '13 kids who play forward or point can look at Stewie, Morgan, and MJ, and have doubts about their ability to earn a lot of playing time. Then, other very reputable programs have obvious needs in those areas (and, likely remind the recruit of how hard it is going to be to earn PT at UConn).
It's not exactly the same thing, but, in my years of coaching high school softball, every four years or so you have a really strong class of ballplayers - and, it inevitably has a suppressing effect on the following year or two. When you've got 6 sophmores in your starting softball line-up, all of a sudden, fewer freshmen come out for softball and go out for lacrosse or tennis.

Reaction Score
Geno said very little,lol, for Geno! Of course he can not say more or anything at all specific! I agree with Milford about 1 person classes! Ya know, I think Geno is not thrilled by that either;)

I know that Geno and the staff would have been thrilled with a 2013 class of DD,Taya and/ or McCall and Chong! John A,who hates talking about recruiting confirmed that! LOL I would have been thrilled by that,but it was not meant to be. There is still the possibility that because of a coach leaving a school/ a kid is released from her LOI, a Euro/overseas player comes, into play, a Juco player! There is a list of the ranked Juco players,but I have to have a friend link it for me DUH!

While all of those are possibilities as Milford has posted we are very much into the 2014 class. #1 Wilson 6'3"/6'4" SC rediculousely athletic and #1/#2/#3< pick a # Turner 6'3/6'4" TX wonderfully talented,has visited last March and plans to visit again possibly FEB 18th time frame;) friends since they were little kids with #4 Caldwell 5'*8" TX PG/G who visited in Oct. Nan does not have her posted,but talk has #5 Canada 5'7" PG CA on the radar,then there is #9 6'3" Drummer CA, and #9/15 Calhoun 6'1" very athletic and becoming increasingly skilled/sister of Omar!
Wilson,Turner,Caldwell,and Calhoun supposedly have offers!

Then there is #8 Courtney Ekmark 6'0" AZ who has verballed and we are going to love.

Milford is right if we were to get either of Wilson or more likely Turner it would be fantastic! Both would be rediculous! Caldwell at the moment appears more likely than Jordan,but who knows? Drummer all I know is that she has us on her list and ? I think and Tony is sure< I believe> that Sierra Calhoun will commit!

Sooooooo we do need 5 players if nothing else comes before then! We are talking about players who are Elite and should be able to be impact players by their 2nd yrs a cpl who can be as FR!

If we were to get #1/#3.#4/#8/#9 I think it would be "a pretty good class"! I hope these kids would be looking to learn,grow,and win NCs and have to earn minutes! A class anywhere near this would allow for the current FR and even SOs to feel very good about their SR Years!

Oh it is expected that Turner and Caldwell will be there to see our game against Texas A&M
Ira

You're not asking too much are you?

Reaction Score
"You're not asking too much are you?"

LOL Sonny,I didn't put down #2 Mitchell 5'8" OH,or #6 White 6'3" NC, #7 Green 6"0" CA, and a # of others So I was being very conservative LMAO

" Winning isn't everything.
It's just way out in front of whatever's in 2nd place."
Ira
I took part of it from the ASGR Article
UCONN Has High Hopes For 2014
" ...................................... and the Huskies could land 3 0f the Super Six
prospects in the Class"
We already have #8 Ekmark and are in good position for Calhoun
and we are very actively recruiting,have offered, #1,#3,and #4
so that would be "a pretty good class" Don't Ya Think;) Tongue In Cheek

Reaction Score
"You're not asking too much are you?"

LOL Sonny,I didn't put down #2 Mitchell 5'8" OH,or #6 White 6'3" NC, #7 Green 6"0" CA, and a # of others So I was being very conservative LMAO

" Winning isn't everything.
It's just way out in front of whatever's in 2nd place."
Ira
I took part of it from the ASGR Article
UCONN Has High Hopes For 2014
" ...................................... and the Huskies could land 3 0f the Super Six
prospects in the Class"
We already have #8 Ekmark and are in good position for Calhoun
and we are very actively recruiting,have offered, #1,#3,and #4
so that would be "a pretty good class" Don't Ya Think;) Tongue In Cheek

Upon further review i guess you did show considerable restraint
Hope you can pull it off!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
My BOLD prediction.......

Turner
Caldwell
Ekmark (verbal)
Calhoun

.........just a guess.......but I like our chances with each of those!

Reaction Score
My BOLD prediction.......

Turner
Caldwell
Ekmark (verbal)
Calhoun

.........just a guess.......but I like our chances with each of those!
All 4 have visited Uconn, and Turner wants to visit again during the Baylor game in February. There isn't, to my knowledge, any reported information or indications of the extent of interest by A'Ja Wilson, LaJahna Drummer or Jordin Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom