Jim Fuller: Doty Set To Return | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller: Doty Set To Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Now, doesn't reading that bring a big ole smile to your face.

No more wondering if we will ever see her play again for UConn.......thank god.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Based on my poll from a few weeks ago, Doty's health was the most popular choice for "current question mark that you'd most want to be guaranteed to have a positive outcome", and it's no mystery as to why. She was the starting PG on a championship team, she's tough, she's got everything it takes to be the face of the program, and her maturity and leadership will be critical on a team that's got a ton of underclasswomen. Hope she can stay on the floor this year for her sake, the team's, and ours.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Caroline Doty has been one of our (my wife included) favorite players. It's been a long haul and it'll be a thrill to see her back in uniform on Sunday.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great news indeed! Can't wait to see her back in action. i really liked the comments about her being a facilitator (like Diana was/is) as far as being a PG goes. it appears Bria is not a facilitator like Caroline is, and i'm really looking forward to seeing Bria at the better position for her - the 2-guard...

Reaction Score
Can't help but wonder if she'll be tentative. Seems we can't expect her to be the same. I'd just like to see her finish with a strong career more for her sake than ours.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Can't help but wonder if she'll be tentative. Seems we can't expect her to be the same. I'd just like to see her finish with a strong career more for her sake than ours.
I dunno - i know she didn't get to play in the exhibition games, but she's been watching from the bench for over a year now and really absorbing things from the sidelines from a coaches view. she's aggressive by nature - tenacious and intense. i don't get the feeling she'll be tentative. she may make mistakes as she re-learns things in game situations, but we will see soon enough, right?

Reaction Score
Funny how people on the board are always trying to replace her with the next new kid but if I read Geno's comments correctly, on this team, she can't be replaced--the one true point guard.

Reaction Score
Funny how people on the board are always trying to replace her with the next new kid but if I read Geno's comments correctly, on this team, she can't be replaced--the one true point guard.
I also think she is a coach in training.

Reaction Score
Bria facilitates all right. She just might facilitate to the other team a little bit. :D

I can't wait for Doty to get back. Here's to a healthy season.

Reaction Score
This news makes me very happy. :D Been too long since we have had the privilege of seeing her play.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
I dunno - i know she didn't get to play in the exhibition games, but she's been watching from the bench for over a year now and really absorbing things from the sidelines from a coaches view. she's aggressive by nature - tenacious and intense. i don't get the feeling she'll be tentative. she may make mistakes as she re-learns things in game situations, but we will see soon enough, right?

CD will probably have some timing issues for a few games -- and she may need to play a few games to get her rhythm back.

This said, I expect her to play very well.

And no one will have a bigger smile than mine when she walks out onto the court. And makes her first trey. The rafters will be shaking at Gampel.

Caroline has been my all time favorite Husky since her first year at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom