Jim Foster OSU FIRED | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jim Foster OSU FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This was not a big surprise within the Big Ten. There had been rumors.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I could see Goestenkors being interested in the OSU job more so than the USC job. She's from the midwest (MI) and was an asst coach at Purdue. It's not Texas or California, but Ohio produces a lot of talented players.

Reaction Score
You win - I forgot Geno was holding down 23 part-time jobs while he was getting his undergraduate degree at West Chester College.

No, the facts win.

There's a lovely invention called Google. I always check it before I tell someone they're wrong.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hmm, I wonder who will be on the list?

Niele Ivey? Susie M Serio? Jim jabir? Quentin?

cryPleaseNo.gif

We need her to stay at ND for a few more years, now they are gonna be in the ACC next year ;)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interesting. I see, i suppose, the buyout but its not like he ran the program in the ground. He had, for the most part, a successful career at OSU. There was some mutterings about it had to do with post season flops, which very well could be true.

Anyway, Good luck to Foster. Seems like a good guy.

Thats now 2 big coaching jobs on the board. OSU and USC.

Reaction Score
I could see Goestenkors being interested in the OSU job more so than the USC job. She's from the midwest (MI) and was an asst coach at Purdue. It's not Texas or California, but Ohio produces a lot of talented players.

Good pt.
I've seen Twitter talk about GG, Giorgis (some OH ties apparently), House [?], and Walz. But anyone who needs a contract buyout are less likely.

U

UCONNfan1

I heard Ralph for OSU and Moseley for USC, then RU is going to poach Dailey as their next HC after Stringer gets the one fingered salute...

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Good pt.
I've seen Twitter talk about GG, Giorgis (some OH ties apparently), House [?], and Walz. But anyone who needs a contract buyout are less likely.
Is that Jeff House, the former NY Liberty asst?? He was at Virginia for a while with Debbie Ryan, don't know what happened there-after. His wife was at one time the volleyball coach at Rutgers, when he was with the Lib.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
OSU did not sign any recruits for 2013. Whoever the new coach is, there job just got harder. If OSU wants in on any of the 2014 recruits, they'll have to make a big splash with their coach or hire someone with deep ties to AAU. Guess they could go the JUCO route to get players for a year or two.

Reaction Score
where's Shea?
It would seem awkward to replace a friend who got fired. I can't imagine geno recommending anyone he knows to take that job.

Plus I imagine Shea going south, back to her roots, if she leaves.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I wonder if Kim Barnes A's success at Michigan played into this...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno was asked about the Foster news on his show last night. He said he wasn't surprised by the move based on his understanding of the situation (I don't think Geno and Foster are as close as they once were); he did say he was surprised by the timing. He said that Foster seemed ready to go in a different direction.

From Mike Flynn:

Mike Flynn
@CoachJJOliver @wbballhoopscoop I hear 2yrs no '13 signings & disconnect to recruiting, game. quit caring.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Well, this article doesn't leave much to the imagination. The only statement from Foster was to confirm he was fired (“I was told they were going in another direction when I walked in the door,” said Foster, whose contract ran through the 2017-18 season.)

The OSU Athletic Dept believes it should be a top 5 program that plays deep into the NCAA tournament and is attractive to the young talent in Ohio. (“I think that a number of coaches in other states have ties in Ohio because they all seem to be picking players out of the state of Ohio and taking them to their schools,” Willis said.)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This is what OSU wants:

"They want a coach who will inject some life into recruiting, especially in-state, as Ohio has a particularly talented class of high-school seniors coming out next year.

They would prefer a woman, it has been whispered, and they want her to re-energize a program that has gone stale. They want her to win, win, win, in March and in April, and they will pay her handsomely to do so."

Reaction Score
Too many schools are willing to accept mediocrity (or worse), so it's nice to see a program that demands the best.

Interesting that the article is by a "Michael Arace." Not an uncommon name, but there was a person by the name who went to Hartford's South Catholic and later worked, at least briefly, for the Hartford Courant I believe. Wasnt able to find a bio online, but I wonder ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom