Jim Calhoun's Role At St. Joe's, UConn Becoming Clearer As He Looks Toward Coaching | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun's Role At St. Joe's, UConn Becoming Clearer As He Looks Toward Coaching

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
If he's full time at St Joe's, hard to imagine he'd have much "part time" time for UConn. Just don't see how you do both. I would think St Joe's would want him to make appearances as well and coaching/recruiting is pretty much a year round gig.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine there are that many people that - if Calhoun wasn't in the mix - would pick St. Joes over any of those schools, irrespective of location.
yes- those schools are d1 academically. St Joes is more d2 but a great school for teachers and allied health fields. The better comparison would be with Trinity which has the largest and most qualified freshman ever this yr. They also have the highest tuition in the country

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I'm Under the opinion the JC quit because of health concerns at the time. I'm sure the coast to coast recruiting takes it toll on a 70 year old guy.
At St. Joes, he is recruiting regionally and actually most of his recruits will come to him. Then set up a winning program for Glenn Miller with a full pipeline of recruits.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
yes- those schools are d1 academically. St Joes is more d2 but a great school for teachers and allied health fields. The better comparison would be with Trinity which has the largest and most qualified freshman ever this yr. They also have the highest tuition in the country

Divisions are athletics classifications and have never had anything to do with academics, so it’s anyones guess as to why you’re using that language.

Reaction Score

I'm not sure what you're saying re: Trinity. It's a better comparison to what?

Reaction Score
Divisions are athletics classifications and have never had anything to do with academics, so it’s anyones guess as to why you’re using that language.
I dont think u know anything about a top TIER academic school if u dont see the analogy

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
One day of a normal athletic department would be nice.
One day where UConn isn't paying someone a full time salary to 'raise money', after he famously spent decades telling extremely wealthy people to not donate.

One day where a full-time UConn athletic department employee isn't clearly spending more time at his 'part-time' gig building a basketball program at another University?

Sure it was great fun when he was feuding with his hand picked successor the past few seasons, but maybe... and I know this is crazy.... if Jim Calhoun wants to work somewhere else maybe he should just go work there.

Remember - you should donate but guys who made 9 figures in the NBA shouldn't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom