OT: - Jim Calhoun accused of sexual discrimination | The Boneyard

OT: Jim Calhoun accused of sexual discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
"Hall of Fame basketball coach Jim Calhoun has been accused of sexual discrimination by a former associate athletic director at the University of Saint Joseph, the Division III school where Calhoun now works. Jaclyn Piscitelli filed a lawsuit Wednesday in U.S. District Court against the small Catholic school in West Hartford, which began admitting men in 2018. She alleges violations of Title IX, the federal law designed to ensure equal opportunities for women and girls in education, including athletics."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not sure I understand this.

A message seeking comment was left for Calhoun, who is not named as a defendant in the lawsuit.

So he wasn't accused?

Also she was the Associate AD, which would make her Calhoun's boss???? So he discriminated against his boss, but wasn't named in the lawsuit????

Or this is just terrible reporting.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I got fired. It couldn't possibly be for cause so it must be because I'm _____________ (fill in the blank). I think I'll sue.

Reaction Score
"Hall of Fame basketball coach Jim Calhoun has been accused of sexual discrimination by a former associate athletic director at the University of Saint Joseph, the Division III school where Calhoun now works. Jaclyn Piscitelli filed a lawsuit Wednesday in U.S. District Court against the small Catholic school in West Hartford, which began admitting men in 2018. She alleges violations of Title IX, the federal law designed to ensure equal opportunities for women and girls in education, including athletics."
Why even post this garbage if it's not clear what happened?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Why even post this garbage if it's not clear what happened?
Because whether we like it or not is irrelevant. The lawsuit was filed and it's news. Absolutely valid to post it on the board.

There are lots of quotes in the article naming actions of Coach Calhoun and what she alleges he did to her. Not sure how he could "force her to clean up coffee K-cups that he threw on the floor and stepped on", but that's another issue. Sounds like sour grapes and not sure how she can prove many of the things she claims. If JC did what she alleges, shame on him. If he did not, shame on her.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
News posted, more to follow in the upcoming days and weeks. There was a lengthy thread on this on the Men's board (no surprise) and as expected it eventually found it's way to thread purgatory (AKA the Cesspool). Likely that given time this thread will wind it's way in that direction. So, for now we are alerted to the legal complaint. More discussion to follow when more information is made available. For now, if you feel the need to further discuss this today, go to the thread in the cesspool.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger