Jim Boeheim on WFAN now... | The Boneyard

Jim Boeheim on WFAN now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alleges that it was Notre Dame that blocked the Big East-ESPN television deal, & that if ND hadn't bocked it, Syracuse & Pitt might still be in the Big East.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
if true, nobody should ever work with ND again giving them preferential treatment

equal partner with equal shares in all sports, or get &^# out

that would really sicken me

Reaction Score
How would any any one Big East team have the ability to block a TV contract? That doesn't make sense.

Reaction Score
Work/Lead the BB onlies in opposition.....that's easy
I thought it was UL, WVU, Pitt, and RU AD's that put the brakes on the tv deal, not ND. Not buying that Jim B.

Reaction Score
He & Fatso engaged in converstion that ND were the root of all evil because the Leprechauns steadfastly refused to give up their football independence & put their football team in the Big East. Fatso mentioned that Notre Dame is MCing tonight's dinner conversation. Fatso also said that the Big East's office has put a gag order on current teams &, thus, he can't get any reps from St. Johns on as guests this afternoon.

Reaction Score
It's a poker game now. I hope Herbst is a good player, but she's had very little time to actually spend at the tables with all the presidents, so she's got to rely on her own poker faceand look for clues.

When I read that thing about the meeting in NYC, I was thinking that she better be watching the Reverend Jenkins it is right? from Notre Dame tonight like a hawk, I'd sit right across from him if I could. That was before I read this. It's not a far reach for me to believe that ND may have had interest in holding off on signing a TV deal. A big east conference, with no football, is more desireable for them, I think, and I trully believe that only the fools in Providence believed that we were actually in a position of power after walking away from that offer from ESPN in the spring and not at least getting negotiations ongoing.

We all know the media perception of big east football, and hell, how many times has ND lost to a big east team recently? That's not something they want to continue, at least I wouldn't want it to continue, if I'm them.

The good news, is that the University of Connecticut is a good card to have in your hand, at the table.

Reaction Score
Alleges that it was Notre Dame that blocked the Big East-ESPN television deal, & that if ND hadn't bocked it, Syracuse & Pitt might still be in the Big East.

ND should have been ceremonially evicted from the conference.

Reaction Score
I sort of think that Boeheim is trying to pass the blame onto someone else. Notre Dame didn't make a dela behind everyone's back to go to the ACC. And a couple of weeks ago, everyone was lauding the Big East for turning down the ESPN deal, so that is nonsense. According to kevin McNamarra in the ProJo, the basketball schools wanted to sign that deal. It was mainly Notre Dame, Perrnetti of Rutgers and Pitt who led the opposition.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I sort of think that Boeheim is trying to pass the blame onto someone else. Notre Dame didn't make a dela behind everyone's back to go to the ACC. And a couple of weeks ago, everyone was lauding the Big East for turning down the ESPN deal, so that is nonsense. According to kevin McNamarra in the ProJo, the basketball schools wanted to sign that deal. It was mainly Notre Dame, Perrnetti of Rutgers and Pitt who led the opposition.
So Boeheim is smart and singles out ND. At least it keeps the attention off the football schools.

And tonight's dinner excludes ND. Only the remaining football schools. And Herbst and AD sending someone in their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom