JI: Sanogo officially on board with UConn men | The Boneyard

JI: Sanogo officially on board with UConn men

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

“We are extremely pleased to have Adama join the UConn family,” Hurley said in a statement. “He’s a warrior — the kind of young, talented, physical forward who we can mold into a high-level player. He’s received great coaching at the Patrick School from Chris Chavannes and he was challenged by top competition both there and with the New York Rens.”

Reaction Score
Let's try this again, without hijacking the thread. Stay on topic.
Does AS share the floor with JC/Javonte Brown Ferguson/IW/RS at the same time (as a 4) or is his best utilization as a 5 and build around that? Looking forward to his warrior mentality rubbing off on the other young Bigs in prep for the BE wars.. Competition in practice preseason will be intense.. Hope he attacks his sessions with Sal the same way he does on the court..Will be a fun ride.. Get Akok back healthy sooner rather than later..We're good..

Reaction Score
I always consider DH very calculated with his words. There’s a few quotes where he refers to AS as a forward instead of a Center. Curious if it’s just talking off cuff or an indication of how he plans to utilize him

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I always consider DH very calculated with his words. There’s a few quotes where he refers to AS as a forward instead of a Center. Curious if it’s just talking off cuff or an indication of how he plans to utilize him
Also would imagine AS probably asked about that during recruitment realizing his pro prospects are directly related to his ability to be a forward and not a center

pj

Reaction Score
We need a forward, he wants to play forward. I'm sure he'll see time at both 4 and 5. Great to give kids experience, generate film, and let them learn by doing.

Reaction Score
I’m sure it also helps Javonte Brown Ferguson feel a little more at ease without having to compete with another center in the same class. I could see them playing together after next year with Akok starting and Sanogo, Javonte Brown Ferguson and Springs mixed into the 4 and 5. I don’t know too much about springs but he may be able to play the 3 if he has a jump shot too. He has good handle and passing as a former pg. It will be fun either way to have some skilled bigs.

Reaction Score

“We are extremely pleased to have Adama join the UConn family,” Hurley said in a statement. “He’s a warrior — the kind of young, talented, physical forward who we can mold into a high-level player. He’s received great coaching at the Patrick School from Chris Chavannes and he was challenged by top competition both there and with the New York Rens.”
This is when i get excited about a recruit. When they are sign, sealed and delivered im all in.

Reaction Score

He has played both the 4 and 5 in high school, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him play both.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
There’s no 4/5 separation in college hoops anymore. Players are more like hybrids now. Even Draft Kings has adjusted accordingly. In college contests you pick guards and forwards.

Reaction Score
Probably better than my strategy of becoming deeply invested when we make their final ten and emotionally devastated when they go somewhere else.
Lol! Yeah you might want to knock that off if you value your sanity. I learned long ago to stop following recruiting. Im guessing somewhere around `09 or so.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I’m sure it also helps Javonte Brown Ferguson feel a little more at ease without having to compete with another center in the same class. I could see them playing together after next year with Akok starting and Sanogo, Javonte Brown Ferguson and Springs mixed into the 4 and 5. I don’t know too much about springs but he may be able to play the 3 if he has a jump shot too. He has good handle and passing as a former pg. It will be fun either way to have some skilled bigs.
How about Whaley too? or even Josh now that he's slimmed down? We are stacked.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
While UConn has will probably be known as guard U, for every successful program there is a need for one big man to start the ball rolling to ensure there is a track history of development and promotion to the next level in this skill set. JC had quite a few, hopefully Sanogo will get the ball rolling for DH and staff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom