Jewell Lloyd or Diamond Deshields | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jewell Lloyd or Diamond Deshields

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Intpseeker said:
Great players get their points within the context/flow of the game. I felt watching DD and Sims from Baylor, that there wasn't an attempt to get their teammates involved. Chiney performed in a similar manner against us. One isn't beating five, especially not our five.

I'm not saying DD isn't a good person. I'm only saying that women's college hoops is a team sport and great players subordinate their own agenda for the good of the team.

or they should, any way...

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
This is an interesting thread. I watched and taped every No Car game on last season.
I don't know that we can assume DD won't be a team player or play as part of a system. She was really banged up last year. It looked to me like it was problems with at least one knee, possibly both. If I were drafting for a WNBA team today and had the choice- DD would be mine. She can go over the rim. And I love Jewell.

Reaction Score
I don't want either. They had their chance. I'll take what we got. We get the ones we should get. All this about recruiting, Geno gets the ones that are the meant to be Huskies. That includes EDD. Ya, I said it. She did not have the heart of a Husky. Bring it.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
But dammit, Ista, UT HAS no system!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
But dammit, Ista, UT HAS no system!
That is true elzorro- they havn't had one lately- and No Car didnt seam to worry too much about one either.
I just dont think we can judge just how selfish she may or may not be yet from her freshman season. But man is she a prolific player and a prolific athlete.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'd take Loyd. DeShields might have more upside in the long run due to her size and athleticism, but Loyd is a much better player now. She reminds me of a Deanna Nolan/Seimone Augustus hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom