OT: - Jets fired coach Saleh | The Boneyard

OT: Jets fired coach Saleh

Reaction Score
I don't think Saleh was the best thing since sliced bread, but he knew his side of the ball: defense. The Jets defense was performing well without Hassan Reddick and CJ Mosley. The Vikings offense was scoring in bunches in their prior games, but they were locked down by the Jets in the 2nd half and did nothing.

While Saleh is a defensive-minded coach and the defense is playing well, he was responsible for hiring the offensive staff that has come under fire.

Aaron Rodgers chose the offensive staff, or at least the offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett because that is his buddy.

The Jets are a dysfunctional mess and I think are scapegoating Saleh.

Reaction Score
Same old Jets. Sad!
Not the same ol' Jets. I give them credit for trying to save the season.

Saleh always had an out. Zach Wilson was young. Then Zach Wilson wasn't the guy. Then they get Rodgers. Then Rodgers gets hurt. The first 5 games this season? They played maybe 3-4 good quarters total. Offense and defense looked average (at best). No more excuses. It all falls on the head coach. Period.

Reaction Score
The Jets just being the Jets. I can't even imagine being a Jets fan. At least if you're old you can always think back to 1969. :)

Reaction Score
It's rare that an NFL coach is fired mid-season, but he is the third coach to be fired after losing in England.

Reaction Score
The NFL Clown Show, AKA the New York Titans & the New York Jets, have had one triumphant moment in their miserable 63 year history. That was, of course, their 1969 Joe Namath led win in Super Bowl 3. The more I think about that game, the more I become convinced it was fixed. Namath owned a bar in NYC in 1969, Bachelors 3, that was a notorious hangout for members of New York Crime families. NFL commissioner Pete Roselle forced a tearful Broadway Joe to sell his stake in the bar. You think maybe the Wise Guy’s had a little money bet on that game?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not the same ol' Jets. I give them credit for trying to save the season.
I suppose. But from an outsiders perspective, it looks like the Jets puts all their eggs in Rogers' basket and he's not the goods anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Saleh is going to end up being HC somewhere else. Give him a COMPETENT QB and watch him go to work. Aaron Rodgers is a career destroyer. He wanted to derail GB by getting rid of their HC, before they saw the light and let Rodgers go instead. What a clown person Rodgers is and what a clown organization the Jets are.

Reaction Score
I suppose. But from an outsiders perspective, it looks like the Jest puts all their eggs in Rogers' basket and he's not the goods anymore.
The whole thing will be torn down in a year or two once Rodgers has run his course in NY. This year is their window and it’s going swimmingly, obviously.

Reaction Score
I suppose. But from an outsiders perspective, it looks like the Jest puts all their eggs in Rogers' basket and he's not the goods anymore.
This after putting all their eggs in the Zach Wilson basket, after putting all their eggs in the Sam Darnold basket. The Jets just aren't good at managing their eggs I guess.

Reaction Score
This after putting all their eggs in the Zach Wilson basket, after putting all their eggs in the Sam Darnold basket. The Jets just aren't good at managing their eggs I guess.
If the Jets offered Rodgers for Darnold straight up right now, I don’t think the Vikings would say yes.

Reaction Score
Saleh is going to end up being HC somewhere else. Give him a COMPETENT QB and watch him go to work. Aaron Rodgers is a career destroyer. He wanted to derail GB by getting rid of their HC, before they saw the light and let Rodgers go instead. What a clown person Rodgers is and what a clown organization the Jets are.

He's 40 and an absolute bozo off-the-field. He needs to retire.

Reaction Score
He can still pass but his mobility is gone and he’s one hit from being toast.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

And Favre, and Vick, and Sanchez, and…

Reaction Score
I couldn't disagree more with this. He's not a good head coach and that was proven when he DIDN'T have Rodgers. You look at a guy like Stefanski. He went to the playoffs with Joe Flacco as his QB in Cleveland last year.

Saleh will kick around the league as a DC and be fine. A skinnier, hairless Matt Patricia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom