Jesus just called me... | The Boneyard

Jesus just called me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He said him and every other God, including some dude Keith who claims he represents the Atheists, have decided we're a cluster fc# of a fanbase because this is how we chose to spend our free time.

They seem pretty legit.

Reaction Score
Jerry lee lewis was the devil
Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world
So there was only one thing that I could do
Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

-Al Jourgensen

Yes - Jesus built my car. It's a love affair, mainly Jesus and my hot rod. It's time to invoke Ministry.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
He called me and said this is not going to help in recruiting kids from Catholic schools (you know, the schools with the best football players).

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He called me and said this is not going to help in recruiting kids from Catholic schools (you know, the schools with the best football players).

He just texted me and said the crucifix I had permanently applied to my body bought me some slack. Even though the G-O-D doesn't approve of tattoos.

I'm thinking we're on the same team here, Jax. But maybe a few pages off from one another.

I surely didn't mean to offend ANY religion by my OP. I actually thought it would stop the insanity.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Yeah lurk, I know where you're coming from. I am over this whole "let's worry about offending peolle all the time" thing anyway.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But it should go without saying that our employees cannot appear to endorse or advocate for a particular religion or spiritual philosophy as part of their work at the university, or in their interactions with our students. This applies to work-related activity anywhere on or off campus, including on the football field. Our athletic director and coach Bob Diaco agree wholeheartedly with me, and have made this clear to their staff.
Maybe a bridge too far, Sue, just like the coach who started this tempest in a teapot. It would have been fine to talk about duty to the community and allowing spirituality, just not to mandate it. But Sue language stray just a tad too far the other way in my opinion.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Maybe a bridge too far, Sue, just like the coach who started this tempest in a teapot. It would have been fine to talk about duty to the community and allowing spirituality, just not to mandate it. But Sue language stray just a tad too far the other way in my opinion.
She is already under fire with the Title IX suit, so she has to take a firm stand with inclusiveness in mind.

There was probably more than a few face-palms going on when the Courant published that.

Reaction Score
She is already under fire with the Title IX suit, so she has to take a firm stand with inclusiveness in mind.

There was probably more than a few face-palms going on when the Courant published that.
You know, I feel this board rides Dez Connor way too hard, but printing that the way he did was a recipe for disaster and wished he would have utilized more discretion in what he brought to print, since the part about Jesus was probably the least important part of the overall message of developing young men into outstanding adults. Just saying.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

The kind of kids who care about such things weren't coming here anyway and it might just reassure a few others, you know, the ones who think football is football and has pretty much nothing to do with being neighborly.:cool:

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

Jesus and Mama - Confederate Railroad

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
The kind of kids who care about such things weren't coming here anyway and it might just reassure a few others, you know, the ones who think football is football and has pretty much nothing to do with being neighborly.:cool:

A lot of mean, nasty football players are actually very religious and take this stuff seriously.

Reaction Score
He said him and every other God, including some dude Keith who claims he represents the Atheists, have decided we're a cluster fc# of a fanbase because this is how we chose to spend our free time.

They seem pretty legit.

Did he happen to mention me? I have somer serious questions I want to ask.

Reaction Score
A lot of mean, nasty football players are actually very religious and take this stuff seriously.

My half brother played football at Wheaton. To say he takes it serious understatement. I love having spiritual conversations with him. I am not a proponent of organized religion.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I guess the love thy neighbor and do unto others stuff is the driving force in their lives.

Reaction Score

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

About atheists, I've never been in foxhole or the military, and wouldn't care what the person next to me believed if he could shoot straight, but I sure as heck would prefer Pat Tillman next to me than a guy pining for the End Times.

Reaction Score

They seem pretty legit.

In Emily We Trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member