Jersey sale question | The Boneyard

Jersey sale question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It's not a retro. For now on colleges are only allowed to sell the year number for the jersey.

So Nike isn't going to make a #5 Daniel Hamilton jersey this year? If so, that kind of sucks. What's the reasoning behind this?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
So Nike isn't going to make a #5 Daniel Hamilton jersey this year? If so, that kind of sucks. What's the reasoning behind this?

I think they are just being proactive about the whole using players images to sell merchandise thing. If the players are not getting a cut seems like the right thing to do. Even if its not what we all want.

I know a couple other schools have decided to go this route also.

They started doing custom football jerseys, but there is no plan for custom basketball jerseys this season. Maybe one day they will let you pick whatever number you want.

Reaction Score
That's a real bummer, every year since the Ray Allen days Nike has come out with the best player's jersey. I was looking forward to getting a Daniel Hamilton jersey this year. Is this proprietary to just Uconn? I see other schools have different numbers than 15???

Reaction Score
Glad I got a Boatright jersey at Marshalls this past summer for 20.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
That's a real bummer, every year since the Ray Allen days Nike has come out with the best player's jersey. I was looking forward to getting a Daniel Hamilton jersey this year. Is this proprietary to just Uconn? I see other schools have different numbers than 15???

A couple schools have decided to do this. The one I can think of off the top of my head is Arizona. This year they are selling #16 and that number isn't even allowed in college. http://m.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Arizo...6_Arizona_Wildcats_Nike_Replica_Jersey_-_Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom