Jerry Meyer back to predicting UConn for Abu | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jerry Meyer back to predicting UConn for Abu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Having followed recruiting a long time - I don't think anything is ever definite until they puke in a bucket on Oct. 15 of their freshman year. Then they are in.

hahaha i love this, maybe we need to get Abu puking on the 24th. He can come to Hilltop, ill show him a great time ;)

Reaction Score
If Abu commits to N.C. State, he's committing to a coach who may not be there in three years if he doesn't start getting results. He had one of the ten most talented teams in the country this year and lost in the first round. N.C. State is a basketball-crazed school and yet at the end of last season most of his players couldn't get out of there fast enough. I'd be very careful putting all my eggs in the Mark Gottfried basket.

Reaction Score
In my opinion Purvis transferring here helps us. If your down to 2 schools (us and NC State) and someone left one to go to the other, that has to trigger some red flags. I hope Purvis talks to him how he wasted two years of his life (one cuz of the redshirt year) by going to NC State instead of Uconn. Granite, Purvis's big reason for transferring was play style/chance to play PG and Abu is big man, but coming from someone who spent a year at NC State, his words must hold some weight.
I don't know, kids transfer for all kinds of reasons. We've had a bunch of players transfer also. I don't think Purvis transferring will have anything to do with Abu's decision. Unless of course Purvis tells Abu that Gottfried is an absolute jerk! Which I'm not sure he believes since he didn't trash Gottfried on the way out the door.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Having followed recruiting a long time - I don't think anything is ever definite until they puke in a bucket on Oct. 15 of their freshman year. Then they are in.

Unless they are leaning to another school - then I think it is over.
And even after they finish puking there are those of us who debate if they really are in or not. Always loved your analysis of the 2006 team.

caw

Reaction Score

That's just not true, Cooley hasn't been at every game this summer let alone the past two years. Now change it to a PC staff member and you are a heck of a lot closer.

Reaction Score
Since Abu or his family aren't tipping their hand, it sure seems no one really knows where he stands. Normally when a recruit visits and leaves without a decision it's not a good sign for that program but since he has a date set for his decision, we won't know till that date or unless something leaks out from him or his family.

Since KO seems to have put a lot of eggs in his basket it makes me wonder that our chances are good but far from a slam dunk.

Reaction Score
Easy man. He has a mental condition that makes him an inferior coach. We gotta stay classy.

I have a feeling you wouldn't know how, but you will find plenty of company on the board. Poke fun of people coaching acumen all you want, I don't give a rats ass who thinks its ok to make fun of someones health issues and I could give a damn who does it, but it's a classless move and just as bad it is lowest common denominator material that shows a lack of intelligence and a lack of creativity. "put on a hat"......must have had the Algonquin round table together to think of that one.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I have a feeling you wouldn't know how, but you will find plenty of company on the board. Poke fun of people coaching acumen all you want, I don't give a rats ass who thinks its ok to make fun of someones health issues and I could give a damn who does it, but it's a classless move and just as bad it is lowest common denominator material that shows a lack of intelligence and a lack of creativity. "put on a hat"......must have had the Algonquin round table together to think of that one.
I have two ways of thinking about this issue. My feeling by far is that I'm in total agreement with you on this. It's wrong to make fun of people for any reason unless it's a mutually consensual action. Dove got carried away with his statement.

But he wasn't the first to state it and all the statements that preceded him came out because people were angry that sean and friar were appearing in a lot of threads. It was an immature response by Dove and others. They were trying to be funny or irritating or mean to those PC guys.

This follow up by Dove was saving face! I'm sure he never thought he was going to get the reaction he got. He deserved it because he was wrong. But he's not the guy who "wouldn't know how to stay classy". I've read other posts he's written and he is a decent guy who made a mistake. Let's not back him into a corner where he feels the need to continue a course of action that won't serve him well.

Reaction Score
I have two ways of thinking about this issue. My feeling by far is that I'm in total agreement with you on this. It's wrong to make fun of people for any reason unless it's a mutually consensual action. Dove got carried away with his statement.

But he wasn't the first to state it and all the statements that preceded him came out because people were angry that sean and friar were appearing in a lot of threads. It was an immature response by Dove and others. They were trying to be funny or irritating or mean to those PC guys.

This follow up by Dove was saving face! I'm sure he never thought he was going to get the reaction he got. He deserved it because he was wrong. But he's not the guy who "wouldn't know how to stay classy". I've read other posts he's written and he is a decent guy who made a mistake. Let's not back him into a corner where he feels the need to continue a course of action that won't serve him well.

That perfectly reasonable and fair. Done, lord know I've stepped on my dick plenty of times.

Reaction Score
IF the PC trolls would stay on their own board no one's feelings would be hurt- we simply do not give a rats ass about Pc basketball nor their coach.

They should leave well enough alone, I agree. Why come and piss on someone's cake, I'll never get it. I'm in that small camp that really tries to not let others behavior determine mine. Their behavior is a reflection on them and its a zero sum game on some goofy Internet forum.

I could care less if they are good, that does not mean we don't retain our current status in mcbb. They are not mutually exclusive. Which is why I never get into a twist about it. Just the way I look at it, doesn't mean that my perspective is right for everyone. I do draw the line at certain things though, but that's over.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
IF the PC trolls would stay on their own board no one's feelings would be hurt- we simply do not give a rats ass about Pc basketball nor their coach.
I'll have to disagree with you on this. One of the highlights for me was watching it play out and observing Yonick and FriarJ having a reasonable discourse. It took them several years but it happened the other day.

I'm with those who hate all the smack talk and negativity that goes on between any posters whether it's between UConn guys or between fans of different teams.

But people get nowhere if they live in bubbles or have an authority take over responsibilities they themselves can manage.

It was within everyone's right to protest their presence. However there are decent options to handling the situation without the need for our moderators to ban them. All people have to do is not respond to them. And there is a very easy option of putting them on ignore.

I like their perspective. FriarJ is actually an interesting dude. He won't back down but is gracious. He has a realistic viewpoint of UConn's and PC's programs. He's excited about his team but he's realistic. That's an unusual combo. Sean has mellowed out. I would expect him to trash UConn fans if Abu goes to PC. But FriarJ would be much more humble about it and it would be an honest humility.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
it's between us and pc imo. i think florida visit was just to visit the state of florida. and if he goes to NCS he deserves what gotfried gives him, purvis will give him a warning so it's up to him.

Reaction Score
@FinkelsteinNERR: BREAKING - Kaleb Joseph has committed to Syracuse while on his official visit

There goes the "Friar Five"! If PC honestly thought they were getting him they are crazy.

Reaction Score
@FinkelsteinNERR: BREAKING - Kaleb Joseph has committed to Syracuse while on his official visit

There goes the "Friar Five"! If PC honestly thought they were getting him they are crazy.
Yep, that was done at the end of July.

Reaction Score
She would need to have a body bag over her!

Why is it not ok to say a man needs a hat to cover a medical condition but it is ok to say a woman needs a bag over her head.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Why is it not ok to say a man needs a hat to cover a medical condition but it is ok to say a woman needs a bag over her head.

Old and ugly isn't a medical condition so it's ok.

Reaction Score
Old and ugly isn't a medical condition so it's ok.

Seriously? That's the distinction you're making? We're talking about vitiligo, or light patches of hair. I don't see the big difference between making fun of light hair patches and old age/lack of beauty. Both are the result of natural causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom