Jerome Dyson Q&A | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jerome Dyson Q&A

C

Chief00

Pat adores Sticks, yes, and always loved his extended visits to Madison.

I also know Andre L fairly well and according to him, JD and JC were closer than most think but noted that JD's "lifestyle" didn't make JC happy. But then again, JC's son wasn't the angel either
I think you have always had a grudge against JD - he's gone forget it - makes you look petty
He isn't the first UConn athlete or coach to blame others first
BTW - I never had any extended conversations with Jerome

I agree with much of your post. JC tried very hard to have a close relationship with JD. In fact, until Jerome’s senior year I always thought he had a blind spot for Jerome due to reasons I rather not get into on a public forum. I remember, after a victory at Mayor Mike’s, a woman who we both knew confronted JC about Jerome playing stoned. He looked shocked but did not refute the charge. As I recall, Jerome was suspended within a couple days. Of course, Calhoun knew about the previous failed drug tests - but this woman most likely did not know about them - it sounded like she was just going on observation. I think that’s what shocked JC. I have no idea if she was accurate but she was very sure of herself.

I am sorry that I may sound petty - I don’t have any axe to grind. I guess the Irish in me got annoyed when Jerome basically said he had poor guidance on the draft his junior year based on the throw away comments of some purported NBA scout. That was an ungrateful slap at Calhoun - a man who did so much for him. So yeah, I am going to call him on it knowing that Calhoun would be the first one to defend Jerome on just about anything to this day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom