Jeremy Lamb | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
15 shots per game MINIMUM, I understand the screening by the bigs is atrocious right now but he's got to go and get his and look for his own shot. Those step backs, fadeaways, stop and pops is what he can do all day because there really is no one at SG or SF really who is blocking his shot so he just needs to hoist them up.

Reaction Score
Plus his handle is so good that he can create his own shot any time he wants to.

Reaction Score
15 shots per game MINIMUM, I understand the screening by the bigs is atrocious right now but he's got to go and get his and look for his own shot. Those step backs, fadeaways, stop and pops is what he can do all day because there really is no one at SG or SF really who is blocking his shot so he just needs to hoist them up.

Yes. Hear, hear. He passed up a few chances to get to the line tonight as well. I'd kind of like to see us start a game by going 10 straight times to Lamb, just to see what happens.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see 15 shots per game minimum for Lamb, especially if a bunch of them are drives or floaters.

Reaction Score
I hear he thinks about babysheep's girlfriend every time he strokes one of those fadeaways.

Reaction Score
Jeremy is such a unique player, and unique personality. Typically, you don't find such a combination in the same package.

As I watched the game, I was pleading with him, through most of it, to be more assertive, and more active. Then, I watched in awe at how easy he made it look when he took over the game with a repertoire of offensive skills that were simply dazzling. It's not often that you can use the word "graceful" when describing a basketball player, but that's what he is.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
That was a truly awesome display of skill by Lamb.

I've learned not to doubt his shot selection. Some of those shots were hard, and had me thinking he might be forcing one. But damn if he didn't make 'em all!

Reaction Score
The one step back shot from near the free throw line and one of the lay ups were fantastic plays. Daniels had a beautiful reverse layup as well. I wish Daniels had gotten some more PT in the second half.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The one step back shot from near the free throw line and one of the lay ups were fantastic plays. Daniels had a beautiful reverse layup as well. I wish Daniels had gotten some more PT in the second half.

Lamb makes them look easy ... especially that one going away from the basket.

I really like what Daniels has to offer ... not a lot of players would have made that reverse look so easy (or even made the decision to use the reverse at all). I still think he progresses more into a Jeremy-of-last-year roll.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
We have a number of offensive weapons on this team, but nothing compares to having that no-brainer first option in tight situations -- in fact, it's what you need to win titles. JL is clearly becoming that for us. Damn his game is fun to watch.

Reaction Score
He's really, really good.

IMHO, sometimes he is almost too good.

As in deferring too much and too long to other teammates.

We were in serious trouble with South Florida until Lamb decided to do his thing.

Oh, and did you notice that most of his shots were unassisted?

Peace,

John Fryer

Reaction Score
Jeremy is such a unique player, and unique personality. Typically, you don't find such a combination in the same package.

As I watched the game, I was pleading with him, through most of it, to be more assertive, and more active. Then, I watched in awe at how easy he made it look when he took over the game with a repertoire of offensive skills that were simply dazzling. It's not often that you can use the word "graceful" when describing a basketball player, but that's what he is.

I'm not concerned about this, but I'm just mentioning it. Lamb has such confidence in his shot in the midrange game, despite the difficulty, that he sometimes shies away from getting deep in the paint. For instance, he was double-teamed at one point, and he could have easily gone baseline, but instead he went up top for a jumper. Another time he came off a double screen and could have easily cut inside to a wide open lane as his man was chasing him in a circle, but instead Jeremy rounded his cut off the second screen and caught the ball at the top of the key, dribbled once and hit the shot. In other words, there may be easier shots closer in, but he's not asserting himself there, and instead he's taking and making more difficult shots.

Reaction Score
Good point about Daniels. It seems this team needs another scoring threat on the wing. I'd like to see him develop there, maybe at Tyler and Roscoe's expense.

It would look like this:

SF:
Daniels 20 minutes
Lamb 15
Roscoe [and Giffey if he ever sees the day] 5

G:
Napier 35
Boatright 24
Lamb 21

PF-C
Drummond 30
Oriakhi 25
Roscoe 10
Olander 15

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
DD's defense is the basic reason he get less minutes. If we could merge RS's defense and rebounding with DD's offensive abilities UConn would have the perfect wing.

Reaction Score
DD's defense is the basic reason he get less minutes. If we could merge RS's defense and rebounding with DD's offensive abilities UConn would have the perfect wing.

This.

I think DD could get 2-4 more minutes a game at the 3. Its a small increase in time but hopefully he can maximize it.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I would like Giffey to see more minutes. He has had a positive contribution during every time he had had minutes recently with none of the bonehead plays that AO and RS have been making and much stronger defense than DD. Not saying that they should not get minutes as well, but NG should be in the rotation...he brings hustle, good defense and is our best outside shooter (or will be once he gets the minutes to be comfortable on the floor)

Reaction Score
I told you guys he has a lot of Durant in him. He's not incredibly quick, but he only needs a little bit of separation to get his shot up. His combination of body control and touch is very rare.

It is pretty clear we need to go to him more often. 15 shots per game minimum. He's shooting 51.5% from the field right now. I'm sure we'd all be happy if it went down to 47% if it meant taking 5-6 more shots per game.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
He makes everything just look so effortlessly and smooth, and it's amazing how quickly he has the ability to take over games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom