Jeremy Lamb | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mostly in the D league. He's locked into a 3 year contract. Sooner, or later he'll catch on with somebody. Other than making the lottery money, he really should've stayed here for another year. He may have, but with the sanctions, I guess his hand was forced.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I think Lamb will be Kevin Martin's replacement. I believe that Kevin Martin only has 1 year left.

Reaction Score
couldn't disagree more. as a player, if you can lock in guaranteed lottery money, you take it. as far as his future.......he is with a franchise that may develop their young stars better than just about everyone. he is playing behind kevin martin for the time being, but everything i hear is how he is developing nicely and is very much in their future plans.

Reaction Score
He's on the Thunder's roster but doesn't play very much. Here's his game by game log - http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jeremy_lamb/game_by_game_stats.html

He went down to the NBDL for a while and ripped it up there but was shooting a ton. My guess is they told him to be very aggressive and shoot a lot. Is he in the Thunder's future plans? Who knows. They have a lot of young talent on that Thunder team.

Reaction Score
his future with OKC is pretty much dependent on Kevin Martin. Martin has said he wants to stay but he's not going to get alot of money from them. If Martin moves on and OKC can't swing a major trade to find a 3rd/4th scorer to pair with their main 3 then Lamb should see time next year. He's way too good for the DLeague but he has to play there in order to develop and see floor time. Watching him play in the DLeague its like he's toying with defenses.

Reaction Score
lamb is w/o doubt an nba starter in the next 3 years. thunder are grooming him to replace martin or using him as trade bait because they can get decent piece/s for him

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Mostly in the D league. He's locked into a 3 year contract. Sooner, or later he'll catch on with somebody. Other than making the lottery money, he really should've stayed here for another year. He may have, but with the sanctions, I guess his hand was forced.
Don't forget he was drafted by the rockets not the thunder so he would've gotten more
Time

Reaction Score
Don't forget he was drafted by the rockets not the thunder so he would've gotten more
Time
Absolutely right.

He's been fantastic in the D-league, and just not getting game time. When he does, his 14.34 PER isn't bad. The league average is set to 15...but given the little time he gets on the court, it ain't bad.

Reaction Score
Jeremy Lamb will be Kevin Martin's replacement. Being the 3rd or 4th option on the Thunders isn't bad, but it could also limit his growth. Harden is on the way to reach his potential only after he left Thunders. If Thunders don't plan to use Jeremy, I hope they let him go somewhere else where he can play a bigger role. He won't get many shots playing behind Westbrook and Durant.

Reaction Score
He is killing it in the D League. Look up some of his videos. I think he had 29 pts in one game on 13-15 shooting. The D-league announcers gush over him.

OKC has the luxury to treat him like a minor leaguer in MLB... Let him continue to get reps instead of riding the pine awaiting his turn.. OKC will be extremely lethal when he becomes a full timer... His length, IMO, along with his skill set allows him to do a lot of things out there at the 2... Things Kevin Martin can't do... OKC is getting a ring with him .. soon.. I'm calling it now....

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Lamb is in one of the toughest situations for an NBA rookie. He's behind 2 established SGs in the NBA. Sefolosha is one of the premier defenders in the NBA. Kevin Martin is one of the premier catch & shoot guards in the NBA. Both are 6'7". Lamb isn't better than either of these guys, at this point, in what they do best and both are 2" taller. His opportunity to grow isn't available on the Thunder since they are positioning themselves for the top seed in the West. And to top it off, sometimes they play Westbrook at SG. And Reggie Jackson is another athletic combo guard getting PT for the Thunder, who's 2 year older. He's not in a situation like Dion Waiters where he was handed a starting SG position in a sink or swim situation. It is what it is. I thought his situation in Houston would have been ideal, backing up Martin off the bench. Martin apparently seems to want to remain with the Thunder too. Free Lamb, with a trade, I say!

Reaction Score
OKC must have a plan for him because they asked for him in the trade. He wasn't initially included.

Reaction Score
He's going to be OK. He's 20 years old, the youngest player on one of the youngest NBA teams. He's making $2 million. There is no rush. He shuttles to the D-League because te OKC affiliate is 40 miles down the road at Tulsa. And when he gets there he torches them for 30 points. BTW, he's playing in the D-League playoffs tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom