Jeremy Lamb | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb

Reaction Score
Was watching this live and had to turn it off as soon as I saw the replay. Big bummer

Reaction Score
Was watching this live and had to turn it off as soon as I saw the replay. Big bummer
I saw the clip right after and yeah, as soon as I saw it I had to turn it off. Looked really bad. Can't believe he hit the free throws after.

I really hope he is able to fully recover. The last few years of his career have been really fun to watch. He was the second best player on Charlotte last year.

Also, glad he signed a full 3 year deal this offseason. Guaranteed to make 10 million next year and the year after while he rehabs.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
For those who are non-ortho, there are almost always non-displaced fractures, or ‘bone bruises’ when an ACL tear occurs. The meniscus tear is the bigger issue. Some of those are more problematic.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is a bummer for a guy who has improved so much when given the opportunity - that's all it takes is an opportunity to go along with those God gifted talents that so few have.
Best of luck and wishing for a speedy and FULL recovery JL

Reaction Score
Anyone else find it incredibly dumb you need to use a foul or TO to get an injured player off the floor?

In the NCAA/HS, the player can come back in after injury once time goes off the clock if someone else shoots his FTs.

In the NBA he can't come back at all if he doesn't shoot them. Jeremy was probably juiced with adrenaline and hoped he'd be able to play some more if he took a break.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
In the NCAA/HS, the player can come back in after injury once time goes off the clock if someone else shoots his FTs.

In the NBA he can't come back at all if he doesn't shoot them. Jeremy was probably juiced with adrenaline and hoped he'd be able to play some more if he took a break.
Yeah I get the rule, it's just stupid. Am I mistaken saying NCAA allows you to sub after a made FT?

Reaction Score
Yeah I get the rule, it's just stupid. Am I mistaken saying NCAA allows you to sub after a made FT?

I like the rule as it is in the NBA. I think it's ridiculous that a coach can put in a better shooter when someone gets hurt. If you can't shoot your FTs, you can't play the rest of the game. Makes sense to me. I'd add a clarification about refs being able to allow a sub if someone is obviously hurt.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I like the rule as it is in the NBA. I think it's ridiculous that a coach can put in a better shooter when someone gets hurt. If you can't shoot your FTs, you can't play the rest of the game. Makes sense to me. I'd add a clarification about refs being able to allow a sub if someone is obviously hurt.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying...he was obviously hurt. An injury to the lower body can be obvious but not prevent you from shooting FTs.

Reaction Score
Hope all heals well for Jeremy - would be awful if this was how his career ended.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Just let the opposing coach pick who shoots.

Devastating news for Jeremy but at least he got that new deal. Hope he can come back from this.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Loved watching his progression over the years. He’ll recover well. Modern surgeries are phenomenal.

Reaction Score
Thank god he got that contract.
Only a 3 year deal so this will greatly impact his next contract. If he stayed healthy and was putting up consistent numbers he would have really cashed in.

Reaction Score
That is one tuf SOB, you can see it in his eyes on the line. He ain't done yet.

Reaction Score
Hope all heals well for Jeremy - would be awful if this was how his career ended.

I think it's actually an amazing way to end a career given that he made both free throws after the injury. I hope he is set financially and recovers well enough to be a regular guy even if his playing days are over. If he comes back strong, that's a bonus.

Jeremy Lamb will always be remembered as a big part of the 2011 championship team and what a heroic thing to drain both free throws after tearing his ACL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom