Jeremy Lamb is in line for a big contract | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb is in line for a big contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I wish Jeremy Lamb had worn #11. Aware Boatright had it at the time, but it would've made the dunk even more of a classic

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Different situations. This off-season was a light free agency in terms of teams with cap room, plus decent to good backup PGs are a dime a dozen. Much more money out there for free agents for a significantly better player at a more in-demand position. Lamb will get at least MLE-type money
Not remotely comparable situations. From the Charlotte Observer article:

I asked a player-personnel executive from another NBA team to estimate Lamb’s market value next summer. Off the top of his head, that front-office executive said he could easily see some team paying Lamb an average of $14 million a season.
All I'm gonna say is people suggested the Blazers should trade Lillard because of how well Shabazz played. He's averaging 15 points on a team within two wins of being out of the playoffs. He's a nice player, but 6 years into his career, nobody is paying him a ton unless he really turns on another gear this year.

Reaction Score
Jeremy had a monster one handed flush the other night against Utah.
he's due for contract upgrade, as he's developed pretty nicely.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I recently watched tcf’s Lamb highlight video of the 2011 Big East and NCAA tournaments. I had forgotten just how good he was in that stretch.

C

Chief00

Lamb has definitely improved this year. I still think he needs to be more consistent overall before he get's a big contract. I dont think he's a particularly great defender.
Chief thinks sometimes he forgets to bend his knees on defense in a classical defensive position. He plays too upright at times. All things that can be adjusted.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
All I'm gonna say is people suggested the Blazers should trade Lillard because of how well Shabazz played. He's averaging 15 points on a team within two wins of being out of the playoffs. He's a nice player, but 6 years into his career, nobody is paying him a ton unless he really turns on another gear this year.

They should’ve traded CJ, not Lillard.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They should’ve traded CJ, not Lillard.

People are idiots. Dame is maybe Top 5 at his position. I think he was hurt around that time, so wasn't producing like he's used to.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sophomore year he was really good

True, but the elevation he made in the second half of 2011 was probably the biggest key to our March success, both BET and NCAA.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
People are idiots. Dame is maybe Top 5 at his position. I think he was hurt around that time, so wasn't producing like he's used to.

He was arguably a top 5 player last season.

But Portland is like Toronto in that they needed a big move to take the next step.

Trading CJ in a kawhi deal was it.

If they can do a CJ/Beal deal now, they should go for the too. Even CJ/porter might be better fit wise. But I haven’t looked into that as much

caw

Reaction Score

Best argument for trading Lillard is how deep the PG position is and it would have been selling high. The drop off isn’t that big and team could improve depending on what else you could get.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Chief thinks sometimes he forgets to bend his knees on defense in a classical defensive position. He plays too upright at times. All things that can be adjusted.
I think the more muscle he puts on the better he will be defending his assignment
The guy has been a string bean his whole life and was always guarding guards and 3's which he could handle in HS and at UConn
The 3s in NBA are like big 4s and 5s but quick and athletic and he, up until this year, has been at a disadvantage.
The past 18 months he has added a great amount of muscle and that has helped him but he still has a way to go to be a good NBA defender

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

How Jeremy Lamb is complicating Hornets’ summer, and maybe playing his way out of town

MarvelousEarlyArrowcrab-small.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member