Jen Rizzotti | The Boneyard

Jen Rizzotti

Reaction Score
So many of you complain Jen can't coach. Morgan Valley's record at Hartford was 4-37 for a .098 winning percentage. Jen's record at Hartford was 316-216 for a .594 winning percentage, 100 games over .500. Those who criticize Jen don't know what they're talking about.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
So many of you complain Jen can't coach. Morgan Valley's record at Hartford was 4-37 for a .098 winning percentage. Jen's record at Hartford was 316-216 for a .594 winning percentage, 100 games over .500. Those who criticize Jen don't know what they're talking about.
I believe that 8 of those losses are to UConn, which she said was good for Hartford to see what happens when you work hard and play together as a team.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Pour a glass. Take a seat. Bask in the glow of your satisfaction.

Reaction Score
Those who criticize Jen don't know what they're talking about.
No attack here... While I can agree with the statement of some not knowing what they are talking about, but why bring Morgan into a conversation about Jen?
Is this to insinuate Geno has made a bad hire and does not know what he is talking about? Just a thought but why only mention Jen's record at Hartford and not the whole picture?
Morgan did not just walk into a bare cupboard, the kitchen had not a stove or a fridge. Jen went to Hartford with recruiting tools of a championship and the cover of Sports Illustrated, that and the school was in division 1, different times for sure. There are now and have been news of dropping to D3, quite a recruiting tool.

Coaching is much more than what most posters on a school forum have ever experienced or understand. In today's world they have to beyond recruit also be fund raisers, community ambassadors, and in many cases run camps to help assistants boost their income because schools are broke and loosing money on sports.

Jen can coach as I think USA Basketball has retained her. Morgan can coach as I think Geno says so. You will forever find some that don't know what they are talking about on these types of forums because others say so... ;)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I want to say this very clearly -

1 - Jen Rizzotti has a mixed record as a head coach. There is no question - especially based on her activity with USA Basketball over quite some years - that she can "coach". Whether or not she can be a successful college head coach isn't so certain. But I don't see why that is an issue at this time. She also lacks experience as a college assistant coach, but again, based on her "resume" I would hire her as an assistant in a heartbeat.

2 - Morgan Valley had a poor record in a short period in a tough situation as a head coach. Whether or not she can be a successful college head coach is completely unknown. Again, I don't see why this would be an issue. She has had extensive experience as an Assistant Coach, been mentored by CD, her previous head coaches rave about her. Based on her resume as an assistant, I would hire her as an assistant in a heartbeat.

Its that simple. At this point, I would hire neither to be a head coach. I don't see why either would not make an excellent assistant coach, if they wished to be so. Clearly, with a targeted job posting, Geno got his candidate.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Not trying to stir up any drama here but is the OP way off base or are there a lot of posters here who have criticized Jen's coaching? I don't post on here often but I am a huge supporter of the WBB team. I grew up in Danbury around the same time as Jen was in New Fairfield and we met a bunch times in local gyms in my town or hers. She was the type of person you could tell was going to win at life, even at 16-17yo.

I know the Hartford job wouldn't be easy for most but do people here really knock one of our own for only being 100 games over .500?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
How sneaky of you. Titling the thread for Rizzotti as cover for further potshots at Morgan, since the other thread got locked.

What is people's deal with this. Y'all need help.

Reaction Score
No attack here... While I can agree with the statement of some not knowing what they are talking about, but why bring Morgan into a conversation about Jen?
Is this to insinuate Geno has made a bad hire and does not know what he is talking about? Just a thought but why only mention Jen's record at Hartford and not the whole picture?
Morgan did not just walk into a bare cupboard, the kitchen had not a stove or a fridge. Jen went to Hartford with recruiting tools of a championship and the cover of Sports Illustrated, that and the school was in division 1, different times for sure. There are now and have been news of dropping to D3, quite a recruiting tool.

Coaching is much more than what most posters on a school forum have ever experienced or understand. In today's world they have to beyond recruit also be fund raisers, community ambassadors, and in many cases run camps to help assistants boost their income because schools are broke and loosing money on sports.

Jen can coach as I think USA Basketball has retained her. Morgan can coach as I think Geno says so. You will forever find some that don't know what they are talking about on these types of forums because others say so... ;)
Everybody loves Morgan Valley coming to UConn, while many say Jen can't coach or recruit. A comparison of two coaches at the same school and their records. Nothing against Morgan.

Reaction Score
How sneaky of you. Titling the thread for Rizzotti as cover for further potshots at Morgan, since the other thread got locked.

What is people's deal with this. Y'all need help.
Not sneaky, just being honest.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not sneaky, just being honest.
Oh yes, such tremendous honesty. You were so chagrined at the multiplicity of threads that were attacking Jen's coaching that you felt the need to start another separate thread in her defense. Especially since that was clearly the most prominent topic on the board over the past few days.

Reaction Score
What did I type in the post that was wrong or dishonest? Not one thing. For all of you who are such diehard fans, the attacks on Jen are unwarranted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom