Jen Rizzotti named Team USA 3x3 coach | The Boneyard

Jen Rizzotti named Team USA 3x3 coach

sun

Reaction Score
It's great to see that Jen still gets national attention as a coach and hasn't given it up.
That may mean that there's still some hope for her to become the head coach of UConn WBB some day.

sun

Reaction Score
I'm with you about your first comment, sun, not so much the second...
One thing that we can be sure of is that when the time comes to hire Geno's replacement, there will be more than one applicant for the job.
And then the next UConn head coach will probably chose the new associate head coach.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I wonder if Chris Dailey would consider staying a year or two after Geno leaves to provide some
continuity in the transition to the new head coach. Obviously that would only be with the approval of the new HC.
I also wonder whether Chris would apply for the HC job herself. She is younger than Geno [don't know how many years...maybe 6?] but she is clearly on the back nine of her coaching career. Is it a given that she leaves when Geno leaves?

Would that 'transition' position be more realistic if the new HC was a UConn grad? Say...Carla Berube?

OT question that [disturbingly] comes to mind: Rutgers meeting with Carla for their own HC?

Reaction Score
One thing that we can be sure of is that when the time comes to hire Geno's replacement, there will be more than one applicant for the job.
And then the next UConn head coach will probably chose the new associate head coach.
I can't even imagine the list of applicants when that moment arrives.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Chris Dailey would consider staying a year or two after Geno leaves to provide some
continuity in the transition to the new head coach. Obviously that would only be with the approval of the new HC.
I also wonder whether Chris would apply for the HC job herself. She is younger than Geno [don't know how many years...maybe 6?] but she is clearly on the back nine of her coaching career. Is it a given that she leaves when Geno leaves?

Would that 'transition' position be more realistic if the new HC was a UConn grad? Say...Carla Berube?

OT question that [disturbingly] comes to mind: Rutgers meeting with Carla for their own HC?
Yeah would be nice if CD would stay around a year or two to help with the transition. I don't know her, other than her yelling at us track & field people for knocking over hurdles in the gym 34-35 years ago, but I think that she would not want to get in the way of a new coach trying to implement their style. CD just has too much class and respect.

Reaction Score
I want the future coach here already so that everyone already knows she is a key contributor to our success now and there will be no drop off. Recruiting, relationships winning, everything.

Reaction Score
I can't even imagine the list of applicants when that moment arrives.
No attack here I get the idea but not many want to follow a legend, many may apply but few would be considered.
Assistant AD, "Dave here is the list of applicants." "Thank you Catherine, is Carla on it?" AD Dave "doesn't matter either way please get her on the phone asap!" Catherine "I have her on hold Dave." ;)

Congrats to Jen, she is in a good place.

Reaction Score
Scouting will happen at the national championships this weekend.

Not all rosters have been posted yet, but they should appear here at some point:

Reaction Score
Viewable on multiple USA Basketball platforms:
FSg2wOjVgAE87Wn.jpg

Reaction Score
Viewable on multiple USA Basketball platforms:
sadly, a whole lot of great talent sitting this one out but frankly I'm glad that no current UConn players are involved.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom