Jefferson No. 11 on ESPN top 25 countdown | The Boneyard

Jefferson No. 11 on ESPN top 25 countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Don't disagree with that at all, which is why it's mystifying she didn't even "receive votes" on the preseason AA ballots. Seriously people? Are the the folks who vote blind, or just prejudice against UCONN since we already had 2 on the 1st team AA list?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Gosh darn it, if she doesn't make WBCA AA this year, my head will explode! Of course, Kelly Faris did nothing but play the game the right way, deliver consistent quality, fill up stat sheets while doing many things that didn't show up therein, and help UConn win WBB games...and she didn't seem to be ranked this high. MoJeff's contributions remind me of Kelly's, and like Kelly, she deserves to be in the top 10.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
One addendum: nice description by Charlie Creme, though.

I will say, however, that if Mo isn't just "the glue", but the glue for one of the greatest teams in WCBB history, you could make the case for a higher ranking.

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
I think the writers are being biased to name as few Huskies to teams as possible. They simply don't want to be seen as favoring UConn or its players. Especially year after year. But thats the reality of the situation. UConn takes players and make them better and many end up as AA's.

There are better climates to play in but simply no better program.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
If she were on any other team, she's be second team AA now...and probably first by the end of the year if she continues as is.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That's getting closer for MoJett. I still have her as top 5. She'll become the best 5'7" player ever.

I'm glad that Kelsey Plum is getting recognition.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Really wanted to see Tyler Scaife or Kahleah Copper get some recognition. :(

No doubt that these two are going to take the B1G by storm this year. Don't see why their flying under the radar, but better for us I suppose. :p

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
ESPNW's overview of UConn when they rolled out their top 25 teams indicated they though Mo, Stewie, and KML were three of the top 25 players. Since KML is top 25 but not listed in this feature yet, does that mean they think she's top 10? I would think she's top 10...

Reaction Score
ESPNW's overview of UConn when they rolled out their top 25 teams indicated they though Mo, Stewie, and KML were three of the top 25 players. Since KML is top 25 but not listed in this feature yet, does that mean they think she's top 10? I would think she's top 10...
I certainly can't think of ten players I'd rather have than KML..... or Moriah. But I may just be prejudiced because I am a UCONN fan. I guess we will see how Glue plays this year and if she is worthy of the Nancy Lieberman Award.

45 TO GO

Reaction Score
Anyone who doesn't have Moriah Jefferson in the top 10 of the best collegiate players in America, knows nothing about women's college basketball.

Period.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
T

No doubt that these two are going to take the B1G by storm this year. Don't see why their flying under the radar, but better for us I suppose. :p
those 2 players are prolific and impossible to guard one on one! They will both have good pro careers- IMO!!!!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
T

those 2 players are prolific and impossible to guard one on one! They will both have good pro careers- IMO!!!!

Agreed. Especially since both of them worked on shooting the 3 this off-season. :)

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
so the 10 that remain are the AP pre-sason AAs (5) plus another five. Who are they, other than Harrison?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I imagine Stewart and KML will be top 5.

Reaction Score

Couldn't agree more, C- As a New Jersey guy, it's frustrating that all I read in the newspapers is hype about the Scarlet Knights football team (which by the way stinks) while I see absolutely no coverage and anticipation for the women's basketball team, which I think is more than capable of whomping pre-season choice Maryland and taking the BigTen title. Scaife is great fun to watch, the real deal, and my pick for conference player of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom