Jeff Jacobs | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Needs to get on board the USS Connecticut. He is the one UConn writer with the skills, platform and balls to lead this university down the right path in the media. Jeff, get on board as a UConn homer and help us get where we are trying to go. It is obvious that many of your topic choices and ideas come from this board. Embrace it and become a champion for all of us and our state. Make it your mission. It is in your hands.

Reaction Score
Good point, Hoophound. JJ has had a lot of animosity toward UConn over the years, but I think he is starting to change his tune. He can carry the Husky banner without looking like too much of a homer. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Needs to get on board the USS Connecticut. He is the one UConn writer with the skills, platform and balls to lead this university down the right path in the media. Jeff, get on board as a UConn homer and help us get where we are trying to go. It is obvious that many of your topic choices and ideas come from this board. Embrace it and become a champion for all of us and our state. Make it your mission. It is in your hands.

UConn definitely needs an ally in the media. I've read enough "UConn never had a chance" themed articles coming from the Connecticut media. Every other school has a national voice that advocates on their behalf and now, more than ever, UConn needs one. I can do without the constant Calhoun bashing though. If it weren't for Calhoun (and Lew Perkins) UConn would really be screwed. Time to bury that hatchet and start the UConn pump machine. One article I'd REALLY love to see written is one about potential stadium expansion. Have it include an artist drawing of some sort and really stress the growth potential of the program. NO QUOTES ABOUT "THERE IS NO NEED"! Positive press, not negative. I don't think the CT media has any idea just how many negative opinions they form within the UConn fanbase. Reading some posts and comments from UCONN FANS, you'd think UConn has nothing going for it and should give up all sports and academic advancements for cryin' out loud.

Reaction Score
I don't think you can say he had "animosity" against Uconn. He always calls it like he sees it. He doesn't have to make nice with Uconn. He certainly wasn't alone in his impressions of JC.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs is the ultimate contrarian. Of course he showed what appeared to be animosity towards UConn, because he did it throughout a time where everyone only showed UConn love. Now that many people are showing UConn the under-side of their kilts, he's starting to appear pro-UConn. It's because he always wants to be the guy going against the grain.

Which is why I only find myself agreeing with the man about 10% of the time. The other 90%, I think he's a ...

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs is the ultimate contrarian. Of course he showed what appeared to be animosity towards UConn, because he did it throughout a time where everyone only showed UConn love. Now that many people are showing UConn the under-side of their kilts, he's starting to appear pro-UConn. It's because he always wants to be the guy going against the grain.

Which is why I only find myself agreeing with the man about 10% of the time. The other 90%, I think he's a ...

I agree with you. Nonetheless, he's the guy for this job.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I agree with you. Nonetheless, he's the guy for this job.

Agreed. If we are looking for someone to go against the tide, he is certainly the one...

Reaction Score
I think he's doing what he can. . . . while pumping up JC & Geno in last Friday column it was also kind of a subtle shot at SH/WM for being too passive

http://www.courant.com/sports/other/hc-jacobs-column-1221-20121220,0,3657237.column

I agree. It was this piece that got me thinking. He is a good writer and he understands what makes UConn and the fans tick. Most importantly, he really does find lots of his inspiration here on the board so I know he is completely in tune with how most of us feel.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
As long as we have Horde members hailing from BC, Syracuse, Mizzou, etc. we just aren't going to get the homer treatment.

I dunno, maybe we can bring back Zac Boyer - but I don't think he left his Alma Mater on good terms anyway, so there's that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom