Jeff Jacobs Words Matter | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs Words Matter

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
https://www.ctinsider.com/sports/je..._source=post original url&utm_medium=referral

What do you think?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Brilliant. Rational. Objective. Doing his job. Great minds thinking alike.

Jeff Jacobs :
" What we have seen is player after player, highly successful pro players or successful women outside the game, return for a lifetime of friendships and mentoring."
"He (Geno) should worry about the words he says. Somehow they’ve come to count more than the entire thought."

@diggerfoot :
"Auriemma needs to alter his strategies not by the outcome of any particular game, but when he no longer consistently sends on pro-ready players, not to mention good citizens."

Last edited:

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Brilliant. Rational. Objective. Doing his job. Great minds thinking alike.

Jeff Jacobs :
" What we have seen is player after player, highly successful pro players or successful women outside the game, return for a lifetime of friendships and mentoring."
"He (Geno) should worry about the words he says. Somehow they’ve come to count more than the entire thought."

@diggerfoot :
"Auriemma needs to alter his strategies not by the outcome of any particular game, but when he no longer consistently sends on pro-ready players, not to mention good citizens."

Thanks for the reference. I met Jeff when meyers, doggydaddy and I once went to defend the Boneyard's honor in a podcast. :) We stayed in touch for a little while; I was supposed to accompany Jeff on a walk over a bet he lost, but my time is not my own. Though we have not been in contact for a few years, I wonder how much he "listens in."

Reaction Score
I only saw the headline. Jacobs: stick it where the sun don't shine. Geno: speak your mind. Don't mince words and tell it like it is. Everyone is so fragile. Better go to your "safe" space.

Very Old Dog: I couldn't access it either. But if it had to do with spiking this era of hyper sensitivity and needless PC Policing of our lives, which your post suggests it does, then I support your theme and yield to a quote of a one time UCONN player: "What SHE said!!" Meaning, in this context, what YOU said.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the reference. I met Jeff when meyers, doggydaddy and I once went to defend the Boneyard's honor in a podcast. :) We stayed in touch for a little while; I was supposed to accompany Jeff on a walk over a bet he lost, but my time is not my own. Though we have not been in contact for a few years, I wonder how much he "listens in."
Remember watching that show. Recall Jeff being upset about a poster threatening him or his family re. something he wrote about UConn basketball. One of you three then pointed out that was the Men’s Basketball site not the Women’s on the Boneyard. Jeff didn’t seem appeased! Ah, the good old days when we were young and agreed to disagree civilly ... Thanks for the memory and apologize if my recall is a bit foggy!

Reaction Score
From day one Geno has been outspoken, sometimes critical, sometimes praising, with a single thread - he has been and always will be, honest. The young ladies he recruits are the cream of the crop and they usually share a common denominator - they want someone who will be honest with them and if that honesty includes sarcasm, humor, or blunt criticism, so be it. WIth the social media that is out there now every recruit knows exactly what and who they will face when they get here and the ones who make it through will be given experiences very few students will have the opportunity to know.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
From day one Geno has been outspoken, sometimes critical, sometimes praising, with a single thread - he has been and always will be, honest. The young ladies he recruits are the cream of the crop and they usually share a common denominator - they want someone who will be honest with them and if that honesty includes sarcasm, humor, or blunt criticism, so be it. WIth the social media that is out there now every recruit knows exactly what and who they will face when they get here and the ones who make it through will be given experiences very few students will have the opportunity to know.
Geno knows that at the present time, he only has 3 "Creams of the Crop." In the last 26 years, I have never seen him be so bitter as much as he has been lately.
He, and many fans know, that it will a battle this year just to reach the final Four.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom