Jeff Jacobs: UConn Defense Is Offensive | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: UConn Defense Is Offensive

Reaction Score
Hey Jeff, hurry up and complain about something.

Reaction Score
We sucked. Okay, Waquoit? But when is Jacobs ever not gloom & doom about anything?

I mean, what's the mood supposed to be around the program right now?

Over 700 yards and 70 points.

I don't care what scheme you're trying to implement with whatever personnel you do or don't have. Should never happen.

Thank God for the fans who are willing to speak up (or "complain"). Otherwise we'd have a bunch of @sportsart @UConnDan97 complacent losers who accept this garbage as part of the process.

Reaction Score
I get that, and there's no hiding that the D is a catastrophic mess right now, but Edsall is just 5 games into his return here. He knows more about the Xs and Os than any of us here. Fine for Jacobs to bring up the D and all its problems, but are we already going to start casting doubt on this new regime this soon yet again? Seems like Jacobs always finds some axe to grind against UConn's coaches (and for him it's personal sometimes). Don't really need him to pile on.

Still ticked from last night myself, so if you think I'm off base here, fine. Just tired of the endless negativity.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
theres complaining to do because we're pissed and sick and tired of throwing our hard earned money watching this. I get that

But please go the football roster and do a critical review of the DL and the DBs. While it won't wash away all the frustration it'll at least help with understanding where we're at. But it does suck

I don't care what scheme you're trying to implement with whatever personnel you do or don't have. Should never happen.

Thank God for the fans who are willing to speak up (or "complain"). Otherwise we'd have a bunch of @sportsart @UConnDan97 complacent losers who accept this garbage as part of the process.
s

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Yeah, I'm a complacent loser. I'm not currently in two other threads getting beat up for criticizing the defense.

You are a Summer's Eve, and you always have been...

Reaction Score
As a coach once put it: “It’s not about the X’s and O’s, it’s about the Jimmy’s and Joe’s”.

How anyone can watch that game yesterday and conclude the scheme is the problem amazes me. There is a shocking lack of talent on that defense.

The only above average D 1 player on that D is Foley. That’s it.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm a complacent loser. I'm not currently in two other threads getting beat up for criticizing the defense.

You are a Summer's Eve, and you always have been...

How come you didn't end your post in italics?

Reaction Score
theres complaining to do because we're pissed and sick and tired of throwing our hard earned money watching this. I get that

But please go the football roster and do a critical review of the DL and the DBs. While it won't wash away all the frustration it'll at least help with understanding where we're at. But it does suck

s

Im the guy that's been telling everyone that the roster is lacking.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Don't forget the young bucks, JMick and Stainmaster. You can't name a crappy performance in any sport that they can't find excuses for.

Bite me.

Reaction Score
Don't forget the young bucks, JMick and Stainmaster. You can't name a crappy performance in any sport that they can't find excuses for.

I normally ignore the opinions of 23 year old kids who spend this much time on internet message boards.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
How come you didn't end your post in italics?

EDIT: I cleaned up my original response to you. If anyone else was offended, my bad (don't care if you were offended). Enjoy your break from the "unreadable Boneyard", Jimmy...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom