Jeff Jacobs on UConn - Duke | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs on UConn - Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Lots of good stuff here....

Yes, we had a rivalry. And after Charde Houston missed that wide-open 7-footer in an overtime loss to Duke in the 2006 Elite Eight game in Bridgeport you could even smell Auriemma's frustration. He criticized Charde's play that night like no player before or after.

"If she's fragile," he said, "then it's time for her either to break or for her to get a little bit tougher. To be honest, both of those scenarios are OK with me."

But, hey, maybe Tuesday night is different. Maybe Duke can get it inside 29.3 points.

LINK

Reaction Score
The Duke women shouldn't wear basketball shorts. They should wear bridesmaid gowns.

Bulletin board material?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The Duke women shouldn't wear basketball shorts. They should wear bridesmaid gowns.

Bulletin board material?
Except it's a wise-ass remark by a sports writer in an editorial not by anyone associated with the team....

Remember this is the Soupy Sales guy.

Reaction Score
Except it's a wise-ass remark by a sports writer in an editorial not by anyone associated with the team.....
Maybe so, but McCallie would be foolish to pass up an opportunity to use this to try to pump up her team.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I don't like all this easy breezy stuff. The MOJO!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He's probably hoping it'll be bulletin board material, and it will inspire Duke, and make it a close game, so he'll have something to write about, instead of another UCONN blowout.

Reaction Score
He's probably hoping it'll be bulletin board material, and it will inspire Duke, and make it a close game, so he'll have something to write about, instead of another UCONN blowout.
I'd rather have the blowout.

Reaction Score
My laugh-out-loud moment in the story...

And then Mosqueda-Lewis, whose right elbow has been deemed healthy enough to return after missing eight games, added: "Duke's obviously going to give us a run for our money."
First off, it's never clear if Dukies ever run after money. They usually walk toward it at a calm, confident pace.

Reaction Score
Lots of good stuff here....

Yes, we had a rivalry. And after Charde Houston missed that wide-open 7-footer in an overtime loss to Duke in the 2006 Elite Eight game in Bridgeport you could even smell Auriemma's frustration. He criticized Charde's play that night like no player before or after.

"If she's fragile," he said, "then it's time for her either to break or for her to get a little bit tougher. To be honest, both of those scenarios are OK with me."

But, hey, maybe Tuesday night is different. Maybe Duke can get it inside 29.3 points.

LINK
Well justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member