Jeff Jacobs: Let's See What Boyle Can Do For Two Full Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: Let's See What Boyle Can Do For Two Full Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Freescooter; He won the title game and are you saying the kids at Xavier could catch his passes but the D-1 receivers at UConn can't. If that's the case ????? cause I have seen them drop his passes religiously (no Xavier pun intended) and where do you get the Mass, Xavierian comments. Those Xavier teams that won 3 in a row in Ct. would have eaten Xaverian's lunch. The lack of basic knowledge shown here is at times very disappointing.

Reaction Score
Bonehead said:
So you are assuming Boyle isn't throwing during practice? You practiced on slippery court and it slowed game down but Boyle needs to play in games for receivers to learn his ball speed?

Honestly, based on Diaco's record, I'm assuming Boyle isn't getting enough snaps and on many of those snaps he isn't throwing the ball. Otherwise, Boyle has incredibly bad luck with receivers dropping every pass that he throws perfectly. The one reason I can give for that is velocity. They don't appear ready for it at all. Of course, it could just be they can't catch. This is no way meant as an endorsement of Boyle as the future QB.

Reaction Score
Freescooter; He won the title game and are you saying the kids at Xavier could catch his passes but the D-1 receivers at UConn can't. If that's the case ????? cause I have seen them drop his passes religiously (no Xavier pun intended) and where do you get the Mass, Xavierian comments. Those Xavier teams that won 3 in a row in Ct. would have eaten Xaverian's lunch. The lack of basic knowledge shown here is at times very disappointing.
Obviously I didn't make myself clear. Basic point is that nobody would care about the backup quarterback who couldn't even beat out Whitmer getting the start if he was not a local kid. If he was from Massachusetts or new Jersey or Maryland, we wouldn't see all this wailing and nashing of teeth over his lack of playing time.

With respect to his high school career, Xavier has about the largest male student body in the State, draws from something like 50 town and gets the pick of th elitter when it comes to football players. When they go up against some school that is limited to its local community, Xavier usually has more depth and better players. Boyle himself is an example. he went there rather than Coginchaug. He had a very good tight end, kid was huge by high school standards and he just out jumped every d-back he faced. It tend to make Xavier kids look better than they actually are. And you are right,Xavier did win the Class LL title in Boyle's Sr season. But they lost their biggest game that year to Daniel Hand and Matt Walsh.

Reaction Score
So you are assuming Boyle isn't throwing during practice? You practiced on slippery court and it slowed game down but Boyle needs to play in games for receivers to learn his ball speed?
I think you need to look at it from the other end. he practiced on a slippery court to speed up his reaction time (and get comfortable with someone that was serving faster than he was used to)... By swapping QB's, it's possible the velocity difference between Whitmer and Boyle might be throwing off the receivers. I'm assuming they both throw at practice, but the point made was that ONLY Boyle throw.

Reaction Score
Obviously I didn't make myself clear. Basic point is that nobody would care about the backup quarterback who couldn't even beat out Whitmer getting the start if he was not a local kid. If he was from Massachusetts or new Jersey or Maryland, we wouldn't see all this wailing and nashing of teeth over his lack of playing time.

With respect to his high school career, Xavier has about the largest male student body in the State, draws from something like 50 town and gets the pick of th elitter when it comes to football players. When they go up against some school that is limited to its local community, Xavier usually has more depth and better players. Boyle himself is an example. he went there rather than Coginchaug. He had a very good tight end, kid was huge by high school standards and he just out jumped every d-back he faced. It tend to make Xavier kids look better than they actually are. And you are right,Xavier did win the Class LL title in Boyle's Sr season. But they lost their biggest game that year to Daniel Hand and Matt Walsh.
wrong... people are 'nashing' teeth because Whitmer isn't winning and everyone is looking for solution on the two deep.

Reaction Score
Freescooter, Xavier has 800 kids. Yes, people care about kids in this state. How much whining has there been on this board because we couldn't get state kids. Now you are whining because we do.
Draws from 50 towns, you must be on drugs, most kids go to Xavier for the education, not football. So he had a big tight end in HS, was he better than Sean M, I don't think so! Watching his HS games he made all the throws even long, downfield, across the middle to little guys!
Xavier makes them look better than they are, again you want to argue both sides of the issue. Xavier is 7-3 this year, did the good kids start transferring to Southington.
Speaking of Conn kids, why is Max D not playing, it seems to me that mostly very good things happen when he touches the ball.
You act like Xavier is an elitist school but draw comparisons to Xavierian and Xavier down south. Are they not elitist.
Speaking of Sean M, great kid, great player. One pass to him, hits his hands and he drops it and we don't look across the middle again.
Speaking of Matt Walsh, isn't he at UConn, another great in-state kid, who doesn't see the field.
Man, you have a bad attitude. I want to see every good kid from the state come to UConn and yeah, I would like to see them play, it's not like we are burning up the field with these other out of state kids. It's the end of a long, punishing season for all of us fans, what is wrong with wanting to give them a shot with 2 games remaining. You are like both side of a debating match and unfortunately you did make yourself clear.

Reaction Score
You act like Xavier is an elitist school...

Speaking of Matt Walsh, isn't he at UConn, another great in-state kid, who doesn't see the field.

Guessing you are a proud Xavier alum?

BTW - Walsh has played in every game this season except the last in which he was held out by the staff for "corrective" action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom